Body Squek

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

chomondely

Reaction score
06 LR3 V6 42k miles.
Developed a loud squeak in the left rear. Any time the body , the left rear sounds as if something is rubbing. Sounds like your Styrofoam cooler when the lid is loose but the noise is clearly outside the vehicle. It sounds more pronounced on the left rear. Definitely not the front.
The noise occurs at all speeds. I can make it squeak even when the vehicle is stopped and I rock the vehicle even the tiniest amount. Squeak occurs when I change the height of the vehicle. Also happens when I get in or out. I have not yet talked to the dealer. I did not see anything under the vehicle that looked out of place. The ride is fine and the height seems to adjust normally except for the noise. The sound started before my offroad activities last weekend. Any thoughts?
I love the vehicle! I just spent the weekend on wet grass and mud. I kept on going where the 4wd pick ups were sliding all over.

duckdive

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Something loose in the removeable panel back in the cargo area ?

chomondely

Reaction score
I took it by the dealer. They listened and sugested that the suspension needs lubrication. They suggested that I spray WD40 on the sway bar. The sound is definteltly outside of the vehicle.

schafari

Full Access Member
Reaction score
WD40 on a sway bar? Sway bar mounting points usually have some sort of rubber bearing. May not want to spray a dirt attracting lubricant there. Could be mistaken, but a dry lubricant if any at all would be my thought.

nwoods

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have heard of a few people having to replace the bushings on their sway bars. Usually the fronts I think? I think there is a TSB on it. Might want to search www.disco3.co.uk on that. if you can go into the dealer with the TSB, you are steps ahead of the game.

chomondely

Reaction score
Thanks for the suggestions. I cleaned the suspension with water and the squeak has gone away. Good point about not using WD40.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Disco2TrailEdit4