Brake issue

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Oh Crap

Reaction score
Ok, I finally replaced the master cylinder, flushed and bleed the brakes. Now I can get the peddle up by pumping it, but it does not seem to last. Any ideas?

joey

Custom Rover Accessories
Staff member
Reaction score
Sounds like something is leaking somewhere... I know on my 97 I had a bad brake line that way leaking... changed the brake line and all was well again.

Check the master cylinder and see if one side or the other is loosing brake fluid.

Oh Crap

Reaction score
Thanks Joey! Here is the other thing...when bleeding the brakes I was not able to get the projectile stream from the front as I did with the rear. The front was kinda like oozing, but was able to get the air out. So I assume the problem may be with the front??

joey

Custom Rover Accessories
Staff member
Reaction score
Sounds that way, maybe a pinched line.

wolf

Full Access Member
Reaction score
brake fluid is a superb moisture magnet! The trouble with standing vehicles over time - without bleeding the braking system out is, believe it or not, moisture seems to find its way in (or most likely via the moisture in fluid itself as it ages/breaksdown)

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
helge