Brake pads and calipers

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

ryanjl

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Awesome. Do you have a list of all the parts you used?

Curious to whether you notice any difference at all in braking.

djkaosone

'11 LR4 HSE LUX 5.0L V8
Reaction score
I have a list of parts. Honestly, the rear could have fit without any modifications and leaving roughly a 3mm gap. I opted to do the entire thing anyways since I was due for the brake job.

Downsizing from bigger brakes with larger tires I chose to offset it with better equipment and it definitely helps. I went with Britpart crossdrilled/slotted rotors and EBC Orange pads.

As far as braking goes, it feels like stock. I upgraded to EBC green pads previously and they were significantly better than stock. I feel like this setup is almost as good as the oem rotors with EBC green pads.

Here's the thing, I'm not going to fly down the road with this tank. It has the same exact setup as the tdv6 2.7L version. It has the same calipers from the LR3 v8 4.4L. They're all rated at the same weight as the LR4. The entire time of ownership I towed a small 26' boat with ease, I'm sure this can do the same. Lookup EBC Orange, it's rated to do full track race at maximum braking. So, its all good on my end and I won't worry. I know I'll get some haters, but I can buy better cheaper tires than them. BFGs KO2s 255/70r17 for about $160 and I got 6 of them.

Last edited:

ktm525

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Nice. So those are 17" rims and you used LR3 V6/diesel calipers?

djkaosone

'11 LR4 HSE LUX 5.0L V8
Reaction score
Nice. So those are 17" rims and you used LR3 V6/diesel calipers?
Yup. They are 17" wheels. The LR3 TDV6 calipers and V8 calipers are exactly the same, and that's what I used. I get a whole lot more sidewall, especially with the KO2s.

ryanjl

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yup. They are 17" wheels. The LR3 TDV6 calipers and V8 calipers are exactly the same, and that's what I used. I get a whole lot more sidewall, especially with the KO2s.

Do the LR3 calipers just bolt right up to the LR4 hubs?

I assume the LR3 disc slides on without issue?

Anything else other than those two parts needed?

djkaosone

'11 LR4 HSE LUX 5.0L V8
Reaction score
@ryanjl or for anyone that's really going to do this, pm me for a complete list of part numbers. I put a lot of work into get them and making it work. I just don't want this info floating around the internet to have people mock my time and effort. ;)

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
washburn72