Brake Switch didnt help, Brake Bulbs didnt help...What Next??

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Tstroh

Reaction score
2005 LR3 116k

This winter when it got around 35-39 degrees sometimes I would get the fault system. But then the truck would be fine, so I held off. Just a few days ago it stayed screwed up and wont come back

So i replaced the brake switch....nothing

Just replaced the 4 brake light bulbs even though they were working (with LR Bulbs)....nothing.

What do I need to do? Do I need to do a hard reset after the bulbs were replaced, could I have screwed up the brake switch install? (I think not its pretty simple)

WHAT NEXT!!?? I have done a lot of searching and it seems like these two things always work! Ha....of course not for me

s3hooligan

Reaction score
If you have replaced ALL the bulbs, look at the socket connectors. Review for corrosion or loose wires. I had a similar issue. When I checked the bulbs, the filaments where fine but the seat of the bulb had arched and caused an inconsistent connection. As a result I had zero tail lights or break lights (except for the center brake light - which is on a separate circuit). I filed socket with sandpaper to clean corrosion and then replaced the bulb. Resolved my issue 100%.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Tstroh

Reaction score
Just tried it, No dice!! :( cleaned all the contacts up.

Last edited:

Houm_WA

Full Access Member
Reaction score
What are the specific faults you were seeing?

Tstroh

Reaction score
HDC Fault, Special systems fault, Special systems not available. Its lowered, has the yellow brake light on as well as the yellow traction control(?).

Houm_WA

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Sounds like all the "right" symptoms. Could try your wheel angle sensors too. Similar symptoms when those fail.

Tstroh

Reaction score
I dont have the code reader tool yet, if I took it somewhere with one would they be able to tell me you think?

roverman

Full Access Member
Reaction score
How old is your battery? If it does it more when it gets colder, I'd look there first.

Tstroh

Reaction score
Battery should be good, only 4 months old! Sorry should have said that.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TeriM