Busy day with the LR today...

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Mr.BigsLR3

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Got the LR3 back from the shop. Roof glass replaced. All good - mostly. Installer lost all the roof rail bolt plugs and scratched up one of the rails. Wunderbar. :hmpf:

Sooo...took it upon myself to prep and paint the rails flat black. Looks AWESOME. Will likely continue the look on the G4 rack as well.

Also did an oil & filter change and promptly spilled oil all over my garage floor. What engineering genius decided on placing the oil pan plug in the SIDE vs the bottom of the pan? :stupid: Upon cracking it open the oil shoots out about 18 inches. Fun.

All good in the end. Tomorrow the rack gets installed. Pics will follow.

CMGRover

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I would've made the guy replace the roof rail... :biggrin:

Thanks for letting me know about the oil pan...keep that in mind. On my old Durango the oil pan drained right above on to a cross member....so I'm used to that kinda stuff...

huelsmma

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Been there done that with the oil myself lol! Quite a bit of pressure once the drain plug comes off except it went all over my hair and clothing.

cbboard

Full Access Member
Reaction score
i bet those rails look sweet! i got the top part of the expedition rack taken off and mounted the base on the truck. i still need to find an optimal way to "plug" up the rear ends of the base. the plastic covers that it came with are going to need to be modified. my sliders are supposed to ship tomorrow so hopefully i'll have some pics up next week after they go on!

blackforestham

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I wouldn't sweat the endcaps. After a month, you won't even notice. Unless you have a CNC machine in your garage, a rigged up cap will look butch.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
washburn72