New 2012 LR4 owner with a few questions

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Izzyandsue

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The squeak is likely front bushings, seems fairly common.

Other things to check or worry about at that mileage is the coolant crossover pipe (if it hasnt been replaced already) and if you do that, might as well do water pump at the same time. Front wheel bearings are worth checking as they could go over the next 10K miles. Mine has 115K.

ryanjl

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The squeak can also be the ball joints, based on my experience.

Elohite

Reaction score
Regarding the EAS and the LR4 sagging in the front. Past few times I have parked the car I have listened to the front struts and it does sound like air is being released in a leak fashion.

As suggested I put the vehicle into off road mode and then pulled the EAS fuse #10 from a diagram I found.

I again heard a slight hissing again from both the driver and passenger side front springs, I believe it was coming from the top near the air fittings. When I came out in the morning both the passenger and driver side front sides were near the bump stops. It seemed the passenger side was ever so slightly higher than the driver side.

I feel like both fronts are leaking and have gone ahead and ordered x2 new Arnott AS-2809 front air springs in hopes this will fix the issue.

Attachments

• IMG_0702.jpg
    IMG_0702.jpg
    141.3 KB · Views: 43
  • IMG_0703.jpg
    IMG_0703.jpg
    146.5 KB · Views: 37

LB Bill

Full Access Member
Reaction score
A couple of comments- While not impossible, it seems a bit unlikely that both struts would go bad in the same way at the same time.
I had the exact same thing occurring in my LR3 about at the end of it's time with me (front end sagging over-night). Took it in to my indy mech and it was not either of the struts, but elsewhere in the EAS. I'm going to say it was a leak somewhere, not electrical. Wish I could be more specific. Bottom line , it was very inexpensive to repair. Maybe you've already gone through that process of elimination, but I thought it was worth mentioning.

gsxr

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I thought if both sides drop up front, it's likely the center distribution/valve block...? Or less likely, the front distribution block?

Elohite

Reaction score
The thing that makes me believe it is the springs is that I already replaced the front valve block with an OEM part (from FCP Euro) and I am getting constant suspension faults every time I drive the vehicle now that when I run the GAP tool come up as: C1130-66 (AF) Code. Air spring supply - Algorithm based failure. From my research that means the air springs are requesting air too often / have a leak. I have also noticed a slight hiss every time I exit out of the vehicle from both front air springs. For the most part I can still still raise and lower the vehicle after the suspension fault appears and after each vehicle reset the fault does goes away. The new air springs arrive Friday so hopefully will get them on over the weekend or sometime next week weather permitting. I'll report back when the new Arnott springs are installed. In the meantime I will look into the center distribution block/valve block as you have suggested.

Elohite

Reaction score
So I was able to swap out the air springs today and I am pretty certain the front end sagging issue is resolved. Its been a few hours and the car has not sagged where as before it would sink in the front within 10-30 minutes. Also the hissing that sounded like a leak is no loner apparent. Unfortunately I am getting an intermittent suspension fault for C1A13-64 (2E) Pressure does not decrease when venting gallery. Looks to be this is related to filters inside the desiccant dryer attached to the compressor pump or the exhaust valve being clogged. More troubleshooting to come. Happy the front stays put now at least and these Arnott have lifetime warranty.

IMG_0735.jpg

doc5339

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Well done getting the LR4 into fighting-shape! The front suspension replacement is a tough pill to swallow, but seems to be pretty standard at 90k-110k miles or so, not sure why the rear air bags seem to hold-up so much longer?

doc5339

Full Access Member
Reaction score
A couple of comments- While not impossible, it seems a bit unlikely that both struts would go bad in the same way at the same time.
I had the exact same thing occurring in my LR3 about at the end of it's time with me (front end sagging over-night). Took it in to my indy mech and it was not either of the struts, but elsewhere in the EAS. I'm going to say it was a leak somewhere, not electrical. Wish I could be more specific. Bottom line , it was very inexpensive to repair. Maybe you've already gone through that process of elimination, but I thought it was worth mentioning.
Both off my front air bags were leaking around the same time. I think it may be as simple as wear and tear along with degradation of the rubber/seals. Still always best to troubleshoot and apply root-cause analysis, but my understanding is the front suspension tends to go first.

sceh

Reaction score
You will be needing to change the timing belt pretty soon and it is expensive to do and doing it yourself is a nightmare. Get rid

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
OnoA