Buying help needed!!!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

chrismrobbins

Reaction score
So I went with the 2013 with HD and LUX. Pretty much loaded along with about $2500 of accessories. Side steps, front/rear light guards, wrapped wheel arches, hood, mirrors, and ladder.
Definitely getting a warranty with Route 66 through my credit union.

de288c2c3cddf712b5e878e52641c7ac.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Have you confirmed you're able to get a Route 66 Warranty? From what I found during my research they exclude all Land Rovers now.

PS - Awesome looking truck!

toddjb122

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Honestly you could buy the wrap yourself and DIY. Not hard at all and no way to mess up the vinyl. Wheel arches come off easily. Just need a heat gun or hair dryer.. I'll get you some pics tomorrow.

That's be cool. Would love to see how that's done. I figured it'd be easy to do a poor job, but difficult to do one that doesn't have air bubbles and marks in it.

When I asked about it they told me a cheap method and the normal method. The traditional method was expensive because it used a lot of material (waste) since the shape is so large if you cut from a rectangle. That is the way which insures no distortion. It is cheaper if you just cut a long wide strip, but then you may get light distortion through the material stretched to fit.

dwizum

Reaction score
Vinyl is cheap enough that I wouldn't bother trying to deform a narrow strip, I'd just cut from rectangles. If you really wanted to be thrifty you could "nest" them close together versus using a whole new rectangle for each piece.

I've sprayed plasti-dip coating on car trim pieces before with good success. It comes out looking pretty close to vinyl wrap but with a bit more texture. You can build up lots of coats if you want it to be more durable. It peels off just like vinyl and is a whole heck of a lot easier to do. If I were going to put something on the wheel arches, that's what I'd do.

brjp1

Reaction score
Have you confirmed you're able to get a Route 66 Warranty? From what I found during my research they exclude all Land Rovers now.

PS - Awesome looking truck!

I was able to get the route 66 warranty...$1509 for 3 yrs 36k miles. They have three levels....The LR4 was eligible for the worst I've but it does cover most major issues. I may look around for a different warranty.

JamesCE

Reaction score
New to the forum but just wanted to say this thread was helpful in making my decision! Thanks all for being you!

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TeriM