Car wash on rails or 100% hand wash only?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

rovingtony

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I also bring my ride to a car wash and haven't experienced any problems with it.

Houm_WA

Full Access Member
Reaction score
It's not about "problems" it's about expectations and standards. If you aren't using a claybar once a year or using a polish or wax as needed, it just won't pop. Take another look at that photo of my LR3 and this time keep in mind that I take it off-road about 5 times a year (on average, and we have trees and bush up here in the NW) and last year I took it to the Yukon Territory and drove it back in March. The paint isn't perfect, but it wouldn't look that good without some TLC.

I'm not trying to judge though. We all have our own logistics to sort out. I have the luxury of being able to detail my car as often as I want between March and November. My kids ride their bikes in the alley, my wife gets some alone time, I crank the music and drink a dozen beers while puttin' the shine on my beloved Rover. Not a bad deal...

GSMblue

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I use the local washman place. Let them lift off the grime. When I get home I go over myself to complete the job...

Here is how it looked at the start of the summer after such a visit. Going to go do the same this weekend. If I remember I will post before and after pics for fun :)

Attachments

• LR3 web.jpg
    LR3 web.jpg
    96.6 KB · Views: 28

trickblue

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I take mine to the car wash on rails 90% of the time no problem at all really...

Same here... never an issue...

I prefer to wash by hand, but with our ongoing drought, it is against the law to wash your truck in your driveway...

CMGRover

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I use the two bucket method, usually with ONR. Gotta have those grit guards too.

Houm_WA

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I use one bucket but am religious about rinsing out the wash mit every time I use it and before it goes back into the bucket.

BearishDriver

Full Access Member
Reaction score
hehehe thank god for the cheap labour here, the rail wash is 4 bucks :) and a team of 3 carwashers details it by hand while drying

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
heather8635