Chair Lift on LR3?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Cthehentz

Full Access Member
Reaction score
As life hands down more hurdles the VA granted my dad a electric scooter and lift so I thought okay I will have them install the lift on the LR3 BUT the mobility center said the combined weight will be around 550lbs and they do not have a lift the will work on the LR3. Does anyone on here have a lift fitted on their LR3?

jwest

Full Access Member
Reaction score
As life hands down more hurdles the VA granted my dad a electric scooter and lift so I thought okay I will have them install the lift on the LR3 BUT the mobility center said the combined weight will be around 550lbs and they do not have a lift the will work on the LR3. Does anyone on here have a lift fitted on their LR3?

How and/or where would this lift mount or install into the vehicle? The weight of 550 is of no concern at all. The mobility place apparently isn't very good at due diligence or trying to help people. Even if you had it mounted way out on the hitch itself, it wouldn't be outside the vehicle engineering limits even as stated "by the book".

So, the scooter, and the lift, would be about 550lbs? That weight is actually laughable as the basic brochure payload it around 1500 lbs in the cargo area. Even better is the air suspension will adjust so you end up with proper, safe, level ride height and handling. I am finding this amazing to be honest.

jwest

Full Access Member
Reaction score
they do not have a lift the will work on the LR3

So this place only has lifts for mini vans or what? Can he climb down into the chair if it's beside the vehicle? Unless the chair is too tall for the cargo area floor to ceiling, there should be a way to find one that works.

Or, you have to get a van....

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
OnoA