check engine

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

C

corangie

Just to ask the obvious, are you running premium fuel? If not, you might try that. I got a call from the husband of the buyer of our '97 Disco -- 3 days after she bought it. She'd put in regular on day 2. Returning to premium cleared the problem.

The shaking might point to a more complicated misfire issue, but a simple cheap solution is always the best. ;) Best luck.

roverman

Full Access Member
Reaction score
My shaking on my '99 4.0 was due to misfiring on account of sticking valves. Apparently they made the tolerances too tight, so a little carbon build up caused a big problem. I mainly noticed it on the highway between 55 and 60 (2000 rpm or so). Of course it showed up a couple thousand miles out of warranty. Even though it was an admitted and widely known problem, they didn't seem too apologetic. I screamed and yelled and pouted and they finally agreed to cut the cost by a grand.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Vintage99