Clutch noise

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Discosid

Reaction score
I Have 94' Disco K150, the Clutch is making a grunting noise, bit like metal to metal, andit quit load at times. This all happens when I lift the clutch to move away in 1st. I can also feel it in the pedal as I ease the the clutch out. I only does this when the truck in hot. I haver no clutch slip in any gear. What could this be guys.

A

antichrist

I suspect it's the throwout bearing. Mine was making a grinding/whinning sound. upon inspection the plastic holder for the bearing was disintegrating.

The manual says, for a clutch replacement remove the engine. I removed the transmission because that seemed easier to me, but I'm not so sure. But if you do remove the transmission, be sure to make the cradle for it. It's a heavy sucker and the proper cradle will make reinstalling alot easier. Also, get some 6-8" long bolts (5 or 6 of them) and saw the heads off. You'll screw these into the bell housing to make mating the transmission alot easier. I can't remember the thread size, but just remove one of your bolts and match it up. I think it's like 3/8 course, but don't quote me on that.

Tom Rowe
Four wheel drive allows you to get stuck in
places even more inaccessible.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Carbonlink