Cold Weather Starts?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

damnskippy

Reaction score
Hi again,

In my quest to find and decide if a 2004 Disco is right for me I have questions about cold weather issues. I live in Jackson Hole, Wyoming and we get a long cold winter here. What, if anything, should I be concerned about with having a 2004 Disco in long periods of cold temps...starting issues? Operating issues? Do fuel lines easily freeze up? How does one deal with that? Can anything be added to Disco to assist with these potential problems?

I currently have a '94 Toyota Truck I am planning to be rid of to make way for a Disco. I don't need a truck anymore, but I gotta say, it's been very reliable vehicle and starts for me right away, all the time.

Side Note: I've decided that if I get a 2004 Disco that I will buy one from a certified Land Rover dealer as I know the ones they sell undergo a 140 rigorous check and any gaskets, hoses, etc. will be replaced if need be. At least that's what they tell me.

Thanks All!

joey

Custom Rover Accessories
Staff member
Reaction score
Hmmm the certified version costs more than an after market warranty will run you... but hey how am I?

As far as cold weather, any vehicle can be effected by the cold as I am sure you should know. But as far as the rover goes I have had my 97 in some fairly cold weather and as long as you have low weight fluids for all the oil and gear oils it should be fin.

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gvillalongo