Command Shift... Working... Oddly...

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

A Jackson

Reaction score
Afternoon all,

My LR3 (2006 HSE) with roughly 38000 miles seems to have a strange problem with Sport Mode and Command Shift. When I first drive the car each day it will work regardless of any settings (lights, etc... - I know this is odd to say, but it will become clear in a moment).

On subsequent start ups it will at random do the following. Sport Mode or Command Shift will not engage. It will not note "Sport" in the message center, and should I attempt to shift up or down utilizing Command Shift... Nothing happens.

Here is where it gets strange. WHENEVER this happens, if I turn on the headlights, and engage Sport mode it works. And so long as the lights remain on I can use Command Shift. If I then turn off the lights while in Sport Mode or utilizing Command Shift the transmission will go back to its normal setting and "Sport" will disappear from the Message Center.

Any ideas? And yes it took some experimentation to figure this out! Very strange...

Thanks for reading!

A Jackson

Reaction score
And to the dealer I went...

Water ingress into the wire loom under the center console. Will be fixed at no cost to me next Friday.

nwoods

Full Access Member
Reaction score
And to the dealer I went...

Water ingress into the wire loom under the center console. Will be fixed at no cost to me next Friday.

From below, or from above (ala sunroof drain tube/waterfall "feature"?)

A Jackson

Reaction score
It was from below...

How I do not know...

Hey, it is a Land Rover. If these sorts of things didn't happen, then oddly I wouldn't enjoy owning the car as much. It is the "spirit" of owning a Rover. At least I do not constantly have the "three imigos" to worry about like I did on my D2...

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gvillalongo