Compressor bracket P/N for mid year 2011 LR4

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

TheDave

Reaction score
Okay, so I became "that guy" when I went to change my brakes on my LR4. Of course I started with the driver side rear and, having worked on my cars since I was 16, took for granted that I knew what I was doing. I of course researched the process, but didn't think twice when I placed the jack under the compressor.

I took the cracked compressor cover off and have assessed the damage. Seems I got lucky in that only the compressor bracket is broken. No harm to any wires or the compressor, all still works perfect minus the louder hum due to not being mounted.

I was researching parts and I came across a website that stated that mid-year 2011 to mid-year 2012 models had a different bracket than the years before and after that time frame. I checked the VIN on my truck and of course it's the year that is the least common. The website didn't mention a part number for that bracket, nor can I find any mention of it elsewhere. Anyone know if there is any truth to this and by chance, know of a part number? I can call the stealership in the morning for a part number, but am eager to get it ordered and thought I'd ask you guys.

Thanks in advance for any insight and help!

Dave

Surfrider77

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I would imagine that was the year they made the change to the newer compressor. It might be easier to identify the bracket if you can see what type compressor you have on your truck.

(I am just guessing here!)

umbertob

Full Access Member
Reaction score
If you have the original Hitachi compressor, your bracket should look like this: http://bputah.com/LR3parts/Land_Ran..._Suspension_Compressor_Bracket_RQU500064.html (with the compressor pretty much "hanging" between the rubber mounts.) If you have the new AMK compressor they started mounting on MY2012s and later, the bracket looks like a triangle-shaped tray, with the compressor resting on top of it. http://bputah.com/LR3parts/Land_Ran...3_LR4_Air_Suspension_Compressor_LR045251.html (look at the photos showing the aluminum piece, that's the bracket you need.)

It is easy to tell the difference just by looking at the shape and position of the plastic cover for it. Post a photo of the damaged cover if you are not sure.

TheDave

Reaction score
I called the dealership this morning and after giving them my VIN, the part number is RQU500064.

Thank you both for your help. It is very much appreciated!

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TeriM