Consider this when looking for a used LR3

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

bscmich

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Taking my 06 SE7 4.0 in for final warranty service tomorrow. Only 43K on the clock but the 4 years runs out end of the month. I bought it in Dec 09 from a LR dealer (non CPO) at 34K miles. I have had zero issues or problems since purchased. It has been a great truck and I plan on keeping it as long as it will go.

I subscribe to All Data which provides a limited shop manual along with Technical Service Bulletins and Recall Notices. What is interesting is that almost all of the major problems, issues, TSB's and recalls came before VIN's ending at xxxxxxxxx6A390950. This includes the big ones like gas tank, air compressor, uneven tire wear, sunroof drains, rear diff, many of the engine and trans software flashes, etc.

It just so happens my 06 is a xxxxxxxxx6A411xxx which puts me outside alot of the issues :biggrin:. I would denfinately keep this in mind if considering an 05 or 06 used LR3.

NickLR3HSE

Full Access Member
Reaction score
my 06 LR3 HSE xxxxx......6A371179 has been problem free since we bought it in July 2008 with 21 or 24K miles on it. I called the dealership that had done all the service work and they said it had never had any issues. Has close to 50K miles now. Out of warranty because of time. Been a great suv to have. When the wife gets tired of it we will probably opt for the Range Rover if it ever gets a 3rd row (not that you use it all the time, buts its nice to have when you need it). I figured the first owner got all the kinks worked out of it for us. Tires (TOYO PROXES S/T) have worn evenly really havent too bad, I think we can probably get another 25K out of them if not more.

bscmich

Full Access Member
Reaction score
my 06 LR3 HSE xxxxx......6A371179 has been problem free since we bought it in July 2008 with 21 or 24K miles on it. I called the dealership that had done all the service work and they said it had never had any issues. Has close to 50K miles now. Out of warranty because of time. Been a great suv to have. When the wife gets tired of it we will probably opt for the Range Rover if it ever gets a 3rd row (not that you use it all the time, buts its nice to have when you need it). I figured the first owner got all the kinks worked out of it for us. Tires (TOYO PROXES S/T) have worn evenly really havent too bad, I think we can probably get another 25K out of them if not more.

Maybe the vehicle never had any kinks. Really, most of them don't. I just had a set of Toyo's put on last week. So far I love them. Slightly harder than the Goodyears but much quieter. I am optomistic about getting 50K+ out of them.

JackMac

Full Access Member
Reaction score
My 2005 HSE had all of the recalls performed and software updates. Other than the added inconvenience of those early service visits, the updated 2005's are now equally reliable as the 2006+ models.

Still going strong at 72K miles, and 16 months out of warranty.

Last edited:

bscmich

Full Access Member
Reaction score
My 2005 HSE had all of the recalls performed and software updates. Other than the added inconvenience of those early service visits, the updated 2005's are now equally reliable as the 2006+ models.

Still going strong at 72K miles, and 16 months out of warranty.

Agreed.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Disco2TrailEdit4