Considering used LR4, can dash trim be swapped out?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Count Laszlo

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Where are you located kdeg? I don't have an LR4 yet but I am starting to shop now. I have turned down some though for not having the features that I want, including the black lacquer trim. Let me research this some more to find out the labor involved. If I know I can do a swap, it would be much easier to find an LR4 that I want.

Has anyone done a swap of interior trim? I am guessing the door panels are easy, it is the center console that has me a bit concerned.

Actually, the center console area is very easy, it can be taken apart pretty quickly... very painless. I've done this. haha

Also, the little piece on top just pops right off. Be careful though, the veneer is SUPER soft and chips very easily!

You'll need a trim removal tool(s)... you used to be able to get a set from BMW.

If the door pieces pop off without needing the door panel removal, it should be easy. But taking the door apart isn't... I've tried this too... not fun at all.

spizzi

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Actually, the center console area is very easy, it can be taken apart pretty quickly... very painless. I've done this. haha

Also, the little piece on top just pops right off. Be careful though, the veneer is SUPER soft and chips very easily!

Count, can you tell me more about these:

1. Center console area removal. Just to make sure we are talking the same thing, are you referring to the center almond color piece that hosts the circular air vents AND surrounds the HVAC / Radio controls? Can you tell me how to do this? I was told the almond plastic is 1 piece and pulls straight out/back from the dash. Any particular spot to grab a hold of the center console piece?

2. "The little piece on top just pops off" - which piece is this? The veneer trim piece just below the NAV screen?

BearHammerMountain

Reaction score
A bit of a thread resurrect here. Did anyone try this? I got the same situation. Ebony interior but with the walnut wood which I would love to swap to black laquer. Looks like it's a total of 7 pieces. 4 for the doors and 3 for the center console.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Carbonlink