Coolant leak ?!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Robertino

Reaction score
I have a coolant leak at both heads. Its a small drip coming from the front outside corners (L+R heads) between the head and the engine block. There is no coolant going into the engine because the block test showed no hydro carbons present. So has anyone ever had this happen and what did you do. Taking out the head gasket is not my first choice , would blue devil take care of something like this

Right side
avzpd.jpg

Left side
2j5mc0z.jpg

Va_Disco

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have never used blue devil. So I can't comment on if it works, or if it will work for this application. I am not a big fan of using the sealers on the rovers. Mainly because the radiators cooling passages are pretty small and get clogged up on there own with out the help of anything that is looking for somewhere to stick being added to the system. Now that being said. I know you are looking to get as much time out of the current head gaskets as you can. I have used a product called K-Seal in my Disco and in my fathers Jeep. the Disco had a leak at the passenger side rear corner of the head. much like yours it was a very slow drip kind of leak. and the K-Seal stopped that. I didn't put the whole bottle in, only about 1/2. The jeep had a pin hole in the radiator and it stopped that as well.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TeriM