Cooper Zeon LTZ Off-Road tires on Stock 19" Wheels

Discussion in 'LR4' started by Finlayforprez, Apr 21, 2012.

1. Ethan M

Ethan M Member

It was aligned when the tires were put on and then here recently a month or so ago. But even with this recent one it feels that it may already be out of alignment again.

2. ryanjl

ryanjl Full Access Member

Were the tires put on and the alignment performed before or after the lift rods were installed?

Tires don't wear like that--no matter how shitty they are--without the vehicle being out of alignment.

3. Ethan M

Ethan M Member

It was aligned after the lift but I’m thinking that it’s probably already out again. I had to take it to a normal tire shop for the alignment because my dealer said they won’t do alignments on lifted LR4s. But that’s to be expected since Land Rover Nashville doesn’t care about anyone unless you’re a celebrity .

4. Pfunk951

Pfunk951 Full Access Member

Are you doing a lot of off-roading? I haven't aligned mine since installation (20k ago), and they look like 80% tread left..

Mike

Last edited: Apr 25, 2019
  5. Ethan M

Ethan M Member

Hardly any actually. I’m probably just having bad luck with alignments. I may have to start with a fresh set and take it down to Land Rover Chattanooga and let them work on it.

6. gamh2001

gamh2001 Full Access Member

In the case at least for me here in Houston is to use the LR dealer. NTB, Discount Tire and most indiedon't do alignment/balancing as dealers here. Dealer cost is about 10% or equal to charges of non-LR shops. In this case worth the money... But if your alignment was done by LR dealer: Bad dealer Bad :mad:

7. Jazzy

Jazzy Active Member

I have four 19" LR wheels. Three have Cooper Zeon LTZ tires with between 8/32 and 9/32 tread and one Goodyear Wrangler Duratrac with 13/32 (when I popped tire in Moab, it was the only replacement available). Anyone interested for $200.

Wrangler.jpg Cooper.jpg Cooper 1.jpg wrangler 2.jpg