Courtesy Lights - Technical, Operator Issue?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

corneliani

Reaction score
Hey all -

I'm a noob here with a recent purchase of an 06 LR3 that will NOT be used to its full potential as the wife will be driving it ... full disclosure, eh? :)

Anyhow, I'm trying to figure out why the courtesy lights do not operate when I open the doors. Only the rear (tailgate area) lights work. When I press/hold the middle button for 3 seconds I notice that the rear light (only) blinks a few times and the control panel notifies me of the On/Off change, but still no change to the front map lights.

Any idea what I'm doing wrong, or what setting I need to mess with??

Houm_WA

Full Access Member
Reaction score
...why can't your wife take it off-road???

corneliani

Reaction score
Bulbs are good, and they turn on manually. Just that when you open the door, esp at night, no lights turn on except the very very rear. Weird.

And Houm... You can take the girl out of Miami but ... :)

er1c

Reaction score
That's very weird. You said you held down the middle button for 3 seconds. This is what toggles the automatic lights on/off. But, you said they're still not turning on. And being that bulbs are good, I have no idea what else it could be. Did you try doing the middle button 3-second easter egg a few times, or just once?

tlt

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have the same problem with the passenger (2nd row) seat lights. There is something wrong with it. The unit will probably have to be replaced in my case. It could also be a wiring issue. If you have done the switch trick, and they turn on manually, but not automatically, then it's probably the same issue.

Need to reverse engineer it to find out what is blowing out on it.

RoverGuy7

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Interior lamps courtesy circuit is FET controlled, so a short turns them off, as opposed to blowing a fuse.

Most common place I've seen this happen is the wiring pinched above the sun visors pivot screws.

That said, the load space light and the rear center light are wired in the same circuit, does the center rear light turn on with a press of the button? Have you checked that bulb?

The front and rear lamp assemblies, even though they look near identical are different in operation, make sure someone hasn't swapped one out incorrectly previously.

Latest posts

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TeriM