Crazy Cooper Zeon Tire deal...

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

goinsurfin

Reaction score
I was gonna say since b/c many of you out there really like them. If I can get 40k on them with mostly road travel, I'll buy those next time... Are they noisy compared to say Scorpions or ATRs?

dry_fly

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have not noticed increased tire noise with the Zeons.

obsteve

Reaction score
I just took the printout into Discount Tire where they matched prices. No questions. Love those guys.

RichL73

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Well we just got 4 inches of snow last night and I have to say the Zeons suck in the snow I was sliding all over, I even put it on the snow setting. My tires only have about 10 thousand miles on them, I'm not impressed. I've heard you can get lots of mileage out of them though so i'll probably stick with them and just be really careful if it snows.

e24kgold

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Well we just got 4 inches of snow last night and I have to say the Zeons suck in the snow I was sliding all over, I even put it on the snow setting. My tires only have about 10 thousand miles on them, I'm not impressed. I've heard you can get lots of mileage out of them though so i'll probably stick with them and just be really careful if it snows.

I have heard that, that is why i went with the Pirelli ATR's, had no problem in the snow this year, rock solid tire

Boaz

Full Access Member
Reaction score
That's strange. I've been incredibly impressed by the Cooper Zeons in the snow. They are snow rated. I've been off road with no chains and up to the doors in powder with no issues. This was back when I had a Sport.
Image-915E1E5DCA7C4736.jpg

Image-CB21AD94F6714BF5.jpg

Image-02ED382535C046F6.jpg

Image-F917D30E69854A71.jpg

Houm_WA

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I've been in powder and packed/wet snow on Coopers and they behave differently depending on the consistency of the snow. Deep powder even...and they are fine. Snow that's frozen over and deep and they are not great. I wouldn't call them "bad" but they are not great.

BldrRover

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I opted not to replace my Coopers with another set. I live in Boulder, CO and was pretty unimpressed with the snow and ice traction. Offroad, they were pretty good but not amazing. Additionally, they developed stress cracks throughout the tires... on all 4 and were scrapped by Discount Tire. I ended up going with 265/65 18 Hankook Dynapro ATM RF 10's and am extremely impressed. They are great in the snow (better sipping and tread design) and are great off road. I also put them on our Jeep GC. I would highly recommend checking these out.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
washburn72