Creaking and cracking - normal?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

RAAZ227

Reaction score
I somewhat don't agree, 80% is amazing material, and 20% is super cheap plastic. What's the point of putting in over the top quality materials to ruin it with some cheapie stuff like the center speaker cover (major source of noise) and the radio. Now I'm not going to say LR sucks because of this, I love mine, and had some high end BMWs in the past that were crazy noisy, but if LR just got rid of, or used a little more felt, or attention to softening the clips where there is cheap plastic, the LR4 would be a Rolls.

I agree the build quality and materials used is top notch - especially compared to the older Disco's. I did notice the plastic inside of the center console box was cheap and thin, but it is just the inside of a box.

ycharlie

Full Access Member
Reaction score
my chair creaks as well. i had service check it out, they came back and said they retorqued the bolt on the rail, but the creak is still there. it sounds more like it's in the springs than the rail or anywhere else. other than that i have a slight rattle from the sun roof, but that might be the cross bar. i am not certain yet.

uhur

Full Access Member
Reaction score
No rattles at all @ 1800 miles, dead quiet

LR4inAZ

Reaction score
I just hit 7700 miles on 2011 LR4 after Phoenix to Yellowstone trip this month - not a single rattle on the way up - but after some jarring roads going up - noticed some in the dash area on the way back... 2400 miles in 9 days was a lot of time in the LR4. Absolutely loved it - was a bunch of fun - even with a few new creaks and 1400 pics. The memories of the trip will far outweigh the new sounds.

crewcabrob

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I had 13k miles on my LR4, there was no noise at all unless it was very cold outside. Not even gravel roads would really wake the plastic up.

Rob

Latest posts

Staff online

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
heather8635