Crickets... crickets

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

ChesapeakeRover

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I just took the plunge...I was sick of cleaning 3tons worth of brake dust:

IMG_0704.jpg

:tongue::tongue::tongue:

That looks soooooooo good

Millerman

Reaction score
She's saying that because she knows what makes sense and what doesn't. ;)

I know it looks totally cool, have though about it myself, but the design of that rim, and most made for the modern lr, lends itself to just getting scared up and looking like A - ss. At least the boring silver still just looks like silver when scared up. Although, the brake dust adhesion looks like crap too...

The best black wheels to me are the recessed disco II steel type that are much harder to screw up. I imagine if there were an 18" version made specifically for the lr3 we'd all jump on a set.

I'd sign up for sure.

Millerman

Reaction score
She's saying that because she knows what makes sense and what doesn't. ;)

I know it looks totally cool, have though about it myself, but the design of that rim, and most made for the modern lr, lends itself to just getting scared up and looking like A - ss. At least the boring silver still just looks like silver when scared up. Although, the brake dust adhesion looks like crap too...

The best black wheels to me are the recessed disco II steel type that are much harder to screw up. I imagine if there were an 18" version made specifically for the lr3 we'd all jump on a set.

Sorry ps. If my wife ever sees that someone says she is right when it comes to the rover I'm gonna have to come find you and have some words! (or a beer one of the two)

morrisdl

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thanks for the compliments. It was time to rotate the tires anyway, so I taped them off and sprayed them 2 at a time. I used rustolum metallic (pictured). Its a nice color and texture match to the fender trim. Its also a bit sparkley like the OEM silver wheels.

yhst-11746525231274_2099_2254099345

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
heather8635