Crickets... crickets

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Panzerknacker

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Been kind of quiet in here lately. Somebody do something entertaining. Cut the resonators out of your exhaust and replace with straight pipes, install a supercharger, I dont know...

Thing I miss about sport car forums is that somebody was always up to something crazy, maybe it will have to be me.

Millerman

Reaction score
Not so crazy but going to powder coat my oem wheels black. Seen lots of discussion about doing it but nobody seems to have done so. I'll post pics when done. Wife is giving me gip about it but I think the black and white will look awsome.

Cheers
Dan

dantheman1

Full Access Member
Reaction score
My brother straight piped his TBSS. The only reason it sounds good is because of the 6.0 LS2 V8, I doubt the 4.4 in the LR3 would sound anywhere near as good. Anyone want to prove me wrong??? Another land rover forum had a couple threads about supercharging the LR3. Consensus was that the high compression of the 4.4 and thin cylinder linings would make pretty bad candidates for boost, hence the 4.2 with reinforced linings and much lower compression in the RRSS and FFRRS. Again though, anyone want to prove me wrong?

morrisdl

Full Access Member
Reaction score
... Wife is giving me gip about it but I think the black and white will look awsome.

Cheers
Dan
Ditto / Agreed. Its next on my list unless I find an expo rack 1st. I just scored a pair of lights. Almost to my desired state (minus the RAI)

future%20state%20trail%20truck.jpg

Mr.BigsLR3

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Ditto / Agreed. Its next on my list unless I find an expo rack 1st. I just scored a pair of lights. Almost to my desired state (minus the RAI)

future%20state%20trail%20truck.jpg

If you find an expo rack - I'll buy the LR one you have.

morrisdl

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Sorry I wasnt clear, thats not my LR3. Mine is similar but does not have RAI, winch, or black wheels (yet).

Where are you located? There are LR expedition rack currently available in various parts of the country - just nothing near me at the moment.

Mr.BigsLR3

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Sorry I wasnt clear, thats not my LR3. Mine is similar but does not have RAI, winch, or black wheels (yet).

Where are you located? There are LR expedition rack currently available in various parts of the country - just nothing near me at the moment.

Whoops...my bad. I didn't read the thread. I am in the Southeast - Atlanta area. I like the G4 rack, without the upper half. Would work perfectly for what I need.

jwest

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Not so crazy but going to powder coat my oem wheels black. Seen lots of discussion about doing it but nobody seems to have done so. I'll post pics when done. Wife is giving me gip about it but I think the black and white will look awsome.

Cheers
Dan

She's saying that because she knows what makes sense and what doesn't. ;)

I know it looks totally cool, have though about it myself, but the design of that rim, and most made for the modern lr, lends itself to just getting scared up and looking like A - ss. At least the boring silver still just looks like silver when scared up. Although, the brake dust adhesion looks like crap too...

The best black wheels to me are the recessed disco II steel type that are much harder to screw up. I imagine if there were an 18" version made specifically for the lr3 we'd all jump on a set.

morrisdl

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I just took the plunge...I was sick of cleaning 3tons worth of brake dust:

IMG_0704.jpg

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TeriM