DC100 "the new Defender Concept"

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

beantmt

Full Access Member
Reaction score
http://www.landrover.com/us/en/lr/defender-concept/dc100/

DC100-720x405.jpg

298740_10150359208133552_10369058551_9665411_5424730_n.jpg

JackMac

Full Access Member
Reaction score
LR is saying 2015 for the Defender replacement.

The above is a concept, and is not a production-ready version. Visually, looks a bit off the mark for me. Will wait to read about the mechanicals, if any details are released at Frankfurt.

horacioad

Full Access Member
Reaction score
It reminds me the Toyota FJ Cruiser..... But there's something coolo looking about it. Just can't put my finger on it.

franklin

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Looks very Scion-like. I hope it changes a lot before production.

CaptainSpalding

Explorer
Reaction score
I hope it has coil springs over solid axles.
I hope it comes with three locking diffs from the factory and an option to shut off the ABS-based traction control.
I hope it can be had with a diesel motor and a manual transmission.
I hope there is less than 5 miles of wiring in it, so that I can diagnose electrical problems myself.
I hope that the brake rotors are small enough that I can put 16" wheels on it, and that the wheel wells are big enough that I can fit 33" tall tires.
I hope that the suspension is such that I can fit any snow chains I want on the 33" tires without the suspension interfering.
I hope there's enough space under the hood and behind panels and such that I can hide a compressor, and an air tank, and a second battery.
I hope that the front bumper will accept a Husky 10 winch without it looking like an abortion.
I hope they put drip rails around the roof so that anyone can make an aftermarket rack for it.

I'll think of more. . .

Edited to add:

I hope there's a dumb key instead of a smart key.:rolleyes:
I hope there's a key switch instead of a start/stop button.
I hope there's a full size spare.
I hope Land Rover contracts with Safety Devices or Rover Racks or one of the other usual suspects to make a real roof rack rather than a "luggage rack."
I hope the wading depth is decent.
I hope there's one sunroof, and no other glass on the roof.
I hope the sunroof will disappear into the roof instead of sliding back over it.
I hope there are easily accessible recovery points, or at least provisions for them.
I hope there are no stupid plastic panels that I need to remove before wheeling or else risk losing them.
I hope there is a class 3 hitch receiver, and that it costs less than the $450 I paid for a "Genuine" LR4 QR hitch receiver.
I hope there are no LEDS in the headlights.
I hope there are provisions for auxiliary light switches that don't look like an afterthought.
I hope there is a provision for mounting off-road lighting without cutting the bumper or other body work.
I hope the truck is simple and reliable enough that I don't feel nervous driving outside my cellphone coverage area.

I don't need leather, or carpet, or wood. I don't need more than 4 speakers. I don't need complexity. I need reliability. I need a sticker price low enough that I don't feel like an irresponsible ***** for taking it off road.

I'll think of more. . .

Last edited:

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TeriM