Dealership Only Does Business Locally?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

grizzld

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Rob,

Thanks for the perspective. I did ask him if this was a local policy or a LRNA one. If it was a local policy, kind of a code of ethics, then I kind of admire it. He didn't specify one way or the other.

ChicagoSammo

Reaction score
LRNA have a very strict policy on their dealers selling new cars out of state.
That's not to say that the dealership can't deal out of state but they would lose the dealer kick back from LRNA and if they persistently traded out of state to the point where other dealers were potentially being financially affected by lack of sales then the dealer would find that their stock of vehicles available from LRNA would reduce significantly.
LRNA is a niche player in the US car market and it sees this policy as being fair to all of its dealers in order to give them a fair crack at running a profitable business.
I can tell you in all certainty that the salesperson you were dealing with would be as frustrated as you in this instance, they'd need to make a sale every bit as much as you wanted to purchase.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
A562NV