Defender help!!!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

harbinger808

Reaction score
I'm reaching out to this community in an attempt to find help with my situation.
I know once it is read, a lot of you may flat out say that I'm an idiot for what has thus transpired which is true but I still need help...

I contacted a gentleman (I'll send his name in a PM if someone can help) in the UK about building a legal 25yr old Defender 110 to be imported to the US for $52K. A contract was signed and $25K was wire transferred to the specified account as a down payment.
the build took about 6-8 months to finish and during that time, I had asked for various changes which I was told was doable in the contracted budget.

After waiting patiently and having repeatedly trying to get info about the 110, I finally received pics and she was amazing. I was then told that to receive the 110 would cost an additional $13K since the build went over budget! I refused since $52K is all my wife would allow period. The gentleman I was dealing with told that he would talk to the builders and build a second one for the same cost or refund my money in full.

Now, I know it was my fault to not ask for the refund but I trusted this man to come through. Needless to say, it took another 6 months to contact anyone and receive a reply. The shop doing the building says they were never building a second 110 and that they can't even get in touch with my contact. And now my contact is saying he can't get in touch with the shop. everyone is pointing fingers and all I want is either the contracted Defender 110 or my money back.

This has now been almost a year and a half headache. Anyone out there no whatI can do at this late stage legally?... I'm located in the US so any help will be greatly appreciated.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sawcut