Differences between a Discovery 4 from Mex and an US LR4

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

ppespepe

Reaction score
Hello everyone,

I have a 2015 Discovery 4 in Mexico which is a LR4 in the US but I was wondering how different my Disco is from the LR4 sold in the US.

I’ve been researching the possibilities to bring my car to the US and apparently is possible if the car complies with US EPA and DOT regulations.

I asked Land Rover but they just forward my mail to a local man who only told me my Disco was a 319 which I already knew and told me to ask in the US (In short, very useless answer) but is there a way to find the difference to see if taking my Disco with me is feasible?

thanks!!!

f1racer328

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'm sure they're identical. Pretty sure there was the EU spec and the North America spec. Besides the engines and LHD/RHD, there's really no difference between the NA and EU spec rovers too.

djkaosone

'11 LR4 HSE LUX 5.0L V8
Reaction score
I met a guy that had a 2015 LR4 and he lives in Mexico and owns businesses in San Diego. He registered his truck in California, but drives in both countries.

I don't think there's enough differences to fail registration in the USA. California is one of the stricter states because of emissions, but that's it. UK and EU countries actually have inspections, which are even more strict for road worthy vehicles.

ppespepe

Reaction score
Thank you f1racer328 and djkosone. Your comments gives me hope. I really want to keep my high rise limousine. I’ve been a LR owner for just 6 months and I’m utterly in love with my Landy already. :)

ppespepe

Reaction score
B6B53BB0-4742-4CC6-8543-426F54041BDE.jpeg

It is just lovely

Seabassjfr

Reaction score
I met a guy that had a 2015 LR4 and he lives in Mexico and owns businesses in San Diego. He registered his truck in California, but drives in both countries.

I don't think there's enough differences to fail registration in the USA. California is one of the stricter states because of emissions, but that's it. UK and EU countries actually have inspections, which are even more strict for road worthy vehicles.

I agree, Ive been doing research on this since i was considering importing to US from Mexico a motorcycle BMW Nine T, since is a motorcycle its a different but similar road, however is an extense paperwork / process / mods needed to meet compliance. From my perspective the easiest path is, sell the one in Mex - buy one in US.

TEE287

Reaction score
I've done this when I brought my XC90 from Canada to US, as long as you have EPA sticker in your engine bay and you have miles per hour in your speed reading you are good to go. Get a compliance letter from LR dealer will help a lot.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
A562NV