Disco 1 ignition replacement

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

shmoo235

Reaction score
Hello all, my '96 disco 1 ignition tumblers finally pooped out. Couldn't turn the key at all very sloppy. Opted to buy used on eBay from a Range Rover store. All rover parts etc. Found a switch exact same and fit right in. Problem: When attempting to start vehicle key turns fine when turning to the final spring "start" position "warning chime" sounds and no turn over. Only when the key is turned to final "start" position does chime sound. Also Key lock solenoid on the back side of the switch seems to work opposite. Activated when key is turned to on position but clicks to lock position when key is in off position. I need to manually push arm up to remove key. Wondering if there is some sort of "computer memory" part of switch that I need to use from old switch for this new one to work. Any ideas much appreciated.

joey

Custom Rover Accessories
Staff member
Reaction score
I would check all the plugs, I have seen where they are not contacting properly or worse case I have seen burnt wires.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Disco2TrailEdit4