Do I have Tire Pressure Monitors? (TPMS)

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

sushisean

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Does the 2006 have a TPMS system? If so, how do I monitor it? I thought I remembered they added that in 2007 but many "for sale" listings on the net on the 2006my show TPMS.

grommet

Full Access Member
Reaction score
If I remember correctly, it was added late. The earlier 2006 builds didn't have it. The valve stem will be metal if you have TPMS.

Boaz

Full Access Member
Reaction score
It will look like this if you do.
IMG00116.jpg

sushisean

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thanks. Mine is plastic/rubber so I guess I do not have it. I also don't see the warning light on the dash when I start the engine that is mentioned in the owner's manual.

Boaz

Full Access Member
Reaction score
That's actually better if you're off road a lot. As you may have noticed, the picture I posted is of a broken one. The metal stems don't take rocks well.

phurley

Reaction score
Another way to tell is if you have this button on your center fascia switchpack...
tpmscenterfasciaswitchpack.jpg

C

Chester

Tpms

Another way to tell is if you have this button on your center fascia switchpack...

That button is not on NAS vehicles so bare that in mind. The light on the instrument pac shows if TPMS is installed on NAS vehicles when you first turn on the ignition.

cdodkin

Full Access Member
Reaction score
No button on the Dash in my 08!

Just let a tire don and you'll see if you have it........

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
washburn72