Does your clock reset in cold weather?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

toddjb122

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The past week or so it has been cold in Maryland. Not cold like it gets in the rest of the country, but cold for us. I'd say it gets in the mid to high teens at night. 20s during the day.

When my truck has been parked outside I notice it cranks a little longer before starting in the morning. Still starts fine, just seems to turn over twice as long before it catches.

Twice in the past week I have noticed my center console digital clock is reset back to factory defaults (24 hour instead of 12, and the wrong time).

Does this have something to do with my battery or the cold weather? Other than that morning start, I have no other signs of a bad battery, although I realize it could be that. (I'm at 88K, battery was replaced under warranty once back in the first 30K I think.) I thought that perhaps my battery is dropping down below whatever voltage is needed to keep the clock running. Sounds odd to me, but that's all I can come up with....

Thanks!

morrisdl

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yes - weak battery. THe LR will **** the power to everything non-essential if there is even the slightest chance of not having enough amps to start.

toddjb122

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Is that a sign the battery is ready for replacement or is this normal with cold weather?

With a car that wasn't so smart, :) I probably wouldn't even be getting this warning sign....

kingfishgrapeja

Full Access Member
Reaction score
No it's not normal. You are likely due for a battery. Mine has seen some single digits this year already and the clock is fine.

hell pie

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Perhaps the radio head unit has its own battery? I recall disconnecting the vehicle battery to figure out some fault issues. After reconnecting the battery, I was puzzled as to why the radio presets were still intact, leading me to believe it has its own battery. Either that or the gremlins in my LR3 quickly reprogrammed the presets to further drive me insane.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Disco2TrailEdit4