DVD: Rosen A10

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

askewed

Full Access Member
Reaction score
DVD: Rosen G10 NOW WITH PICTURES

We're putting this in tomorrow. They trim the dome light off and in butts up to the AC controls.

Will look like this when it's done...

http://sunroofsetc.com/100_0858.JPG

Anyway, I'm looking for thoughts... Thanks!

http://www.rosenentertainment.com/rosenallinonesystems-a10.htm

DESCRIPTION:
Experience the Latest in On-The-Road entertainment. The A10 features the finest 10.2" LCD flat panel monitor with 5 Classic Video Games (Pac Man™, Dig Dug™, Rally X™, Bosconian™ and Galaxian™) built-into the system. “ROSEN Exclusive Feature” No more taking the home gaming system on the road, the A10 provides hours of gaming fun. The A10’s 16:9 wide-screen format allows you to properly view your favorite DVD movies. The system is easy to use and even automatically dims the screen at night or brightens it during the day! Simply press the Power button on the wireless remote control, the monitor turns on and quietly opens to the pre-selected screen angle. Put on the wireless headphones or listen to the soundtrack through your vehicles audio system in simulated SURROUND SOUND. Have to stop and turn off the motor, No Problem, when you restart the vehicle or turn the ignition to auxiliary the movie starts over exactly where you left off. Lose the remote control, No Problem, use the backlit control buttons conveniently located on the overhead pod. A10 - What Mobile Video Was Meant To Be. Available now from your nearest Rosen Authorized Dealer.

Last edited by a moderator:

grommet

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Most of the installs I've seen (mostly non-Rosen) butts up the all-in-one DVD unit to the dome light section... leaving it intact. I guess cutting it out makes it look less bulky and eliminates the redundant lights. The only A10 I've seen installed used the (big) Land Rover OEM (A9) style mount.

Are they wiring it to support AUX like the factory system?

Last edited by a moderator:

askewed

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I asked about wiring it directly but he seemed unsure. I wish I had documentation on how it's done to show them (anyone?) THe unit has rf and wireless headphones. I'm going to discuss it with the installer directly... I want this but am a bit unsure as how to proceed.

He was going to run a line to hook up a Playstation but I can't find anywhere to mount one.

As to cost... $1395 installed. Seems good to me as I got a number from a supply house on the A10 unit and they sell them to installers for $950.

grommet

Full Access Member
Reaction score
http://www.ownerinfo.landrover.com has the pictogram of the factory DVD install -- it does show the analog L+R audio being run. Might help... but might not. You or the installer could possibly bug Land Rover or your service department for more info.

You can also have them wire closer to the actual AUX jack in the center console... and add a switch or equivalent to toggle the sources.

R

ronprx

Only drawback from this one and the factory one I have installed, is that it compeltely blocks your rear view mirror.

askewed

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I agree 100% that the unit will block my view and that that's a drawback. I just don't see another viable option in this truck. There just aren't that many places to do this.

The headrests are small and there are like 234 sunroofs...

Again ALL ideas welcome!

grommet

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Not a lot of choices in the LR3. The only other thing I've seen is a DVD mechanism mounted in the glove box and a basic display, which takes up less space, mounted in same center location the all-in-one unit would go.

The Range Rover (& Sport) factory system with DVD changer, full integration with front controls & dual screens in the headrests (since the headrests are bigger on these cars) is much cleaner. Too bad LR3 doesn't offer this... though it might not make sense for 3 row vehicle. I wouldn't expect seeing 2 more screens mounted on the back of fold-flat seats for the 3rd row viewers. :)

askewed

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The all-in-one is handy in that you don't have to get under a seat to change a disc so the kids won't need help. It looks the cleaniest (imo) of the choices and shouldn't be an issue if/when we sell the truck. I don't love the idea of cutting the dome light out... but that seems to be the price you pay for this install. Otherwise we end up wit a 7" screen and that isn't goig to cut it... I'll post pics.

I think I'm getting a good price to boot?

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
heather8635