DVD: Rosen A10

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

jzk

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I was looking at getting this exact system. I am doing the Land Rover Rally with my daughter and nephew, and I think it would be very helpful to have when we are going to and from the trails.

I anxiously await your review!

Thanks

jzk

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Ok, some questions.

First, the dealer that I just called said that the Rosen A10 is no longer available, and that it has been replaced with the D10. Is that true?

Will these systems work seamlessly with the LR3 audio system? Will the kids be able to use the headphone jacks in the doors? How do I play it on the LR3 speakers?

Thanks!

grommet

Full Access Member
Reaction score
jzk, we were just talking about the audio. Yes, it can be hardwired to the LR's Aux input... how it's done is up to the installer. There is also an FM modulator. Most "all-in-one" systems have wireless headphones for normal use.

No, the A10 is alive and well. I don't think there even is a "D" series product line under the Rosen name.

FYI: The Land Rover "offical" DVD system is Rosen A9 based, with a special mounting kit.

jzk

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I just got off the phone with the second Rosen dealer. He also confirmed the A10s replacement with the D10. The big difference is that the D10 includes 25 games instead of 10. Whoopie.

What do you think about going the FM route. Will that be acceptable, or will it be substandard? Also, the kids would mostly listen with the Rosen wireless headphones.

askewed

Full Access Member
Reaction score
My parents just told us to be quiet, we'd be there soon!

The unit we got today has 25 games but I'm not postive of the model # (I'll get it from the box).

Looks great! Photos later in the day...

I went with the wireless headphones (included, work great!) and the built-in FM mod (ditto) for audio. The next time the truck is in a LR shop (hell that can't be long from now, right?) I'm going to ask them about hard wiring to the AUX in. While my installer did a great, pro and inexpensive job for me... he was hesitant to tap into the head unit. I understood as they had never worked on one before (LR3). When he was done he told me he should have charged me more :)... The installer said he could have put the same Rosen in a Lexas SUV 3 times over in the amount of time it took to custom mine.

In the end I think when you see the pictures you'll agree that a custom job looks much more compact and attractive then the mod kit LR sells. Plus the screen is larger. I also had him run a hard wire that ends under the passenger seat (front) for additional things like PS2 and the like. It's just three female RCA plugs but it's hard wired to the DVD unit (was only $50 more).

FYI: Rosen has lifetime warrenty. Guys said if there is ever a problem they just swap it for a new one... no hassle.

Last edited by a moderator:

grommet

Full Access Member
Reaction score
If you wanna get fancy, you could install your A/V jacks to the left of the AUX jack in the rear of the center console. That's where the video inputs are on the Range Rover Sport system and there is space for them.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
heather8635