Dyno?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

ssmlr3

Reaction score
Has anyone tried to Dyno an LR3? If You have is there any tricks or things I should know about? I have friends who own revolutions performance in Colorado Springs and i want to dyno my LR3. So I am looking for anyone with knowldge on what I need to do. If you have dynoed an LR3 did you try it in any of the offroad settings like the sand mode? What about traction control issues? Just curious what kind of Horspower and torque figures?

JackMac

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Rated at 300/300, but haven't seen an actual dyno result. With nearly 3 tons to motivate, more = better :)

The LR3 was never considered to be much of a powerhouse. Land Rover addressed this with the LR4.

Last edited:

obsteve

Reaction score
Noticed this in a service maintenance checklist;
CAUTION: Do not perform two wheel roller tests.
Loaded I/M testing of permanent four wheel drive or traction control
equipped vehicles must be conducted on a four wheel drive
synchronized dynamometer. Otherwise a non-loaded test procedure
must be followed.

obsteve

Reaction score
Noticed this on a LR maintenance checklist;
CAUTION: Do not perform two wheel roller tests.
Loaded I/M testing of permanent four wheel drive or traction control
equipped vehicles must be conducted on a four wheel drive
synchronized dynamometer. Otherwise a non-loaded test procedure
must be followed.

ssmlr3

Reaction score
dyno

Yes it is a 4 wheel dyno. Yes power house. I am curious. we dyno subarus with 600 hp and corvettes over 500. The problem i was asking is there a set up to turn off all electronics like dodges you turn the key forward when running and push the traction control. Or is it like a all wheeel drive Porsche that you cant do anything with for the most part. So has anyone dynoed a LR3?

MEDISIN

Reaction score
I was thinking about this the other day. I wouldn't expect much more than 220-230HP at the wheels with this complex drivetrain. I'm interested to see the torque curve as I suspect it should look impressive at low RPM. Off the top of my head, I'm not sure which gear would provide a 1:1 ratio...4th?

jesus_man

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I was thinking about this the other day. I wouldn't expect much more than 220-230HP at the wheels with this complex drivetrain. I'm interested to see the torque curve as I suspect it should look impressive at low RPM. Off the top of my head, I'm not sure which gear would provide a 1:1 ratio...4th?

I'd have to agree. You might be disappointed. You will have to find out which gear is 1:1 and force it to stay there, but I am sure your dyno friends know that. I would try to dyno is sport and sand as they seem the most responsive. I wouldn't think you'd have to do anything special because most of the gizmos only activate when it senses one or more wheels spinning at different rates. I highly doubt there will be any tire spinning. If HDC comes on with sand mode, then turn it off.

I want to see both curves because it seems like when the torque peaks, the HP takes over at around 4000rpms and really takes off for the next 2k rpms.

Post results.

J.D.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Izanagi