EAS Problem

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

A

ajones46

Last week I purchased a 2001 RR 4.6 SE. Today I had my 2001 RR inspected so I can get it tagged. They put it on lift with all 4 wheels suspended. After the inspection I started driving away and noticed the EAS was no longer working and rides extremely bouncy. I told the mechanic at the inspection station and he said the right front air bag was bad.

Everything was working fine until he put it on the lift. Is this a problem with the RR? If I replace the one air bag will this resolve my problem?

Does anybody have any insight or suggestions?

AJ

joey

Custom Rover Accessories
Staff member
Reaction score
Your inspection mechanic broke your RR.... you can a) let them know that they are morons and have them fix it, or b) pay the $1000 to fix it yourself.... I think option a) would be a better idea.

I believe not only the owners manual, but any mechanic worth anything should know that you do not put any vehicle equipped with air bags on a conventional lift. I can understand that you didn't know (you just bought it).... but the mechanic should have been smarter than that.

R

RovnP38

ajones46 said:
They put it on lift with all 4 wheels suspended.

Do you mean all 4 wheels were just hanging down, as in they lifted the Rangie by the chassis?
That's a big no no... Always lift Rangies by the axles, the only exception is when replacing air bags.
There's a good chance when the wheels were hanging by the air bags, one of them came unseated. A lot of times, fiddleing with the EAS , rasing/lowering, the air bag will reseat itself. If not some hand held alignment might be necessary. I suggest a search on Rangerovers.net/forums you'll find a lot of info there.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
washburn72