easy high beam hid upgrade

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

suvowner

Full Access Member
Reaction score
http://www.ebay.com/itm/330652484155?ssPageName=STRK:MEWNX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1497.l2649

just installed this hid kit to upgrade my high beams to hid on my 2011 LR4 lux, they are considerably brighter and whiter at 6000k compared the the factory low beam hids....was a simple plug and play install no direct wire to the battery required....was only 129 including shipping from ebay, now my high beams are crazy bright very pleased, per ebay seller has lifetime warranty so hopefully will be durable. a little tricky mounting the ballast on the driver side due to space limitations but got it done.

just wanted to pass it on a great upgrade at a great price

suvowner

Full Access Member
Reaction score
.... S p a m ..... Kick

not spam just didn't want 20 questions about what kit model and all that

i had the halogen high beams suggested from this thread

http://www.landroverworld.org/forums/showthread.php?t=20224&highlight=bulb+upgrades

just was never totally happy with them so went with hid upgrade, always put it off b/c last hid upgrade i tried to do on my atv was nightmare but this was so easy

have no relation to the seller and i was apprehensive about getting it from ebay but worked out great so like a any good forum contributor thought i would pass it on to others

Last edited:

Expat93

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Sorry, just kidding.. Can you post some pics? I have the HID lights, but didnt know I could upgrade from there. I agree that they could use some help, but how much brighter can you go before you're too bright?

suvowner

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Sorry, just kidding.. Can you post some pics? I have the HID lights, but didnt know I could upgrade from there. I agree that they could use some help, but how much brighter can you go before you're too bright?

i think max brightness is variable from state to state, i think it says on the box that these lights are dot approved, but not sure if dot approval is based on lumen output or just wattage, i think just wattage....

i would say a considerable improvement over the phillips extreme halogen with a much better color temp, both are a fairly drastic improvement over the stock high beams, the upgraded hids i ordered were the 6000k temp and they are def whiter than the stock low beam hids, some have stated the low beam hids are 4200k but i think they might be closer to 5000k

i am a bit of a flashaholic and most high end led lights are closer to 6000k so i like this color temp......i will try and post some pics, but so hard to do it justice with so many camera exposure variables....

the easiest thing is to just get the phillips extreme halogens, but if you want a bit more then go with a hid kit

suvowner

Full Access Member
Reaction score
highlights are blown on the high beams, can't appreciate difference in color temp in this image it is there but subtle

Attachments

• photo 1.jpg
    photo 1.jpg
    87.1 KB · Views: 42
  • photo 2.jpg
    photo 2.jpg
    81.8 KB · Views: 38
Last edited:

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads