Effect of cold on LR3

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

techboydino

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Looks like the LR3 battery is a group 94R. This is not a very common battery in the US unless you have an Audi or BMW. From my searching it looks like a group 49 is a perfect fit. Duralast has a couple of group 49 batteries, Autozone sells them. The physical size is

L=15
W=6 7/8
H=7 3/16

Optima has no batteries that large. So you should be able to put a D34/78 in there without any problems. I have never looked into the battery on my LR3 so im not really sure of the mounting, but im sure some creativity and you can figure it out. I would also measure the size of the stock LR3 battery for some confirmation to see if it is indeed the same size as the 94R.

This is all from what i read, and no hands on. Let me know what you come up with.

roverman

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I was getting HDC and or Parking Brake faults -in below freezing temperatures only. They replaced the battery (amazing since it was 3 years old), but it turned out to be a poor ground somewhere in the system. Might be something to tell them to look for...

jimzigg

Full Access Member
Reaction score
ok i may go with a battery they stock at batteriesplus that comes up as replacement for my vehicle. if i still have probs i will ahve them look for grounding issue. thanks for all the help.

AdvRide

Reaction score
I spoke with the guys at Expedition Exchange about an Optima option. They apparently looked hard at what it would take to make one fit. Some dremel tool carving on the battery was necessary they said. Yikes! So they did not recommend it.

techboydino

Full Access Member
Reaction score
i wouldnt carve out anything on the optima either. odd though since the battery is actually smaller than the original. maybe just the lip on the bottom edge for mounting. ill have to look into it. im now curious. ill let you know what i come up with.

jimzigg

Full Access Member
Reaction score
the 94R is in fact the replaceemt battery per batteriesplus website

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
heather8635