Electric Window problem

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

bigdodge

Reaction score
Hi Guys I searched through 20 pages of forum and couldnt find an answer so I will ask here.

The driver window goes up and down fine but when it goes down all the way it will not come up again unless you grab it from inside the door and pull it back on to the teeth.
It makes a rattling sound when it comes off.

I tried see what makes the window stop when it comes to the bottom of its travel but cant find anything.
Is the stop in the motor gearing, is there a microswitch, does it rely on the current buildup from bigger teeth to turn the power off???????

I cant seem to see anything.
Thanks in advance.

d.a.r.y.l

Reaction score
Window problem

I had the same problem with my 2001 DII.I ended up putting a small screw in the track to keep it from going down all the way down.There is a hole already in the track mechinisem that moves the window up and down.When you take the door panel off you can watch it as it goes down when it gets close to the bottom you can see the hole to put the screw in.I put in a complete new track assembly and it still didn't help so my last effort was to add the screw.After you are finished the window will go down but not all the way it will stop about a inch befor it gets below the top of door frame.That's been about two years ago and it still functions with no problems.It has been so long that I'm not sure if the screw goes in the track or the gear but you should be able to see what I'm talking about.

bigdodge

Reaction score
Thanks DARYL
If I dont get anymore responses I might just have to resort to your method.
Thanks very much for responding.

Mark

1997LRLSE

Reaction score
I had a similar problem and it was because the window regulator was coming apart and allowing for alot of slop. The regulator finally failed and I replaced it. British Pacific (britishpacific.com) seemed to have the best prices for new regulators. Also, I used a generous amount of grease on all moving parts as the cheap plastic roller seem to fail regularily. When you take the door panels off, try using some silicone grease (Plumbers Grease) on all posts and plugs where the door panel fastens to the door. I live in AZ and the grease seems to hold up well in the heat and makes removing and replacing the panels a breeze.

Bj

bigdodge

Reaction score
Thanks BJ
It was the regulator coming apart that caused the problem in the beginning.
I put it all back together and it is very solid but it still does not stop the motor going all the way to the bottom of its ****** and then dropping the regulator off the track.

Thanks for the reply,
Mark

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
9ineballer