Evoque Gears Don't Engage, showing "Transmission Fault"

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

dajaguar

Reaction score
Hi folks,

My gears aren't engaging on my 2013 Evoque. The engine starts fine with no errors; however when I shift the gear (to D, R or S), the car doesn't move at all, and the gear letter keeps blinking, and shows a Transmission Fault on the dashboard. Here's a video I recorded today:

Last week, I did have the Transmission Fault error message and my car had a very weak battery. I was able to jump start the car and drive fine with it.
So I bought a new main battery, and replaced the auxiliary battery under the glove box (per recommendations online). However, after I was happy with replacing both batteries, I was shocked that car isn't drivable and gears aren't engaging :'((

I tried disconnecting the batteries overnight hoping it'd do a hard reset but it didn't work out. I'm so desperate.

Any recommendations please? Greatly appreciate your experience!

Jpd693

Reaction score
Hi folks,

My gears aren't engaging on my 2013 Evoque. The engine starts fine with no errors; however when I shift the gear (to D, R or S), the car doesn't move at all, and the gear letter keeps blinking, and shows a Transmission Fault on the dashboard. Here's a video I recorded today:

Last week, I did have the Transmission Fault error message and my car had a very weak battery. I was able to jump start the car and drive fine with it.
So I bought a new main battery, and replaced the auxiliary battery under the glove box (per recommendations online). However, after I was happy with replacing both batteries, I was shocked that car isn't drivable and gears aren't engaging :'((

I tried disconnecting the batteries overnight hoping it'd do a hard reset but it didn't work out. I'm so desperate.

Any recommendations please? Greatly appreciate your experience!

Try disconnecting both battery terminals from the battery.
Disconnect the auxiliary battery too.

then connect both the neg and pos battery terminal of the main battery with a jump lead or something similiar for about 15 minutes.

This will completely drain the system of current and remove all error codes and history of driving.

Reconnect the battery and replace the auxiliary battery.

vehicle should start and begin to memorise your pattern of driving again. There are videos of how to do this on YouTube

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
A562NV