Expedition/G4 roof rack - comment?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Finlayforprez

Full Access Member
Reaction score
How did you secure your jerry can holders? I have several of the same, but still trying to figure out the best way. I tried U-bolts, but just didn't seem to work well.

AWESOME looking LR4 - I really like it.

How do you like your swing-away tire carrier from Voyager?

aesopian

Reaction score
The base plates have 4 holes in them with a bolt & washer locking system that easily attached to the coop flooring. Lockable metal band go over the fuel / water cans. Didn't have time this weekend to throw them on.

Preference would be no 20's, but I have to say that big assed wheel on the back looks good. The hinge system is very smooth and you have no idea of the weight that the wheel & tire place on the system.

Finlayforprez

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The base plates have 4 holes in them with a bolt & washer locking system that easily attached to the coop flooring. Lockable metal band go over the fuel / water cans. Didn't have time this weekend to throw them on.

Preference would be no 20's, but I have to say that big assed wheel on the back looks good. The hinge system is very smooth and you have no idea of the weight that the wheel & tire place on the system.
I have the same cans and holders - 2 gas and 1 water. I just don't have any of the hardware for mounting. I guess I was trying to secure directly to the roof rack bars and not just the chicken coop flooring. I think they will be fine just secured to the chicken coop flooring because I have the two pelican boxes and my flooring is really secured to the rack floor.

If you get a chance could you take a photo of the hardware? Thanks so much!

Regards, David

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TeriM