Extended leather vs Standard in HSE Lux

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

mshale

Reaction score
Does anyone have any good quality photos of the dash material covering on the upper dash on the non-extended leather package? I am trying to compare the difference in the two materials (if any) but LR has two different part numbers for it. I am asking because I'm trying to replace the upper dash since mine was damaged and is now peeling up.

The photos on AutoTrader and the like are just too low-quality to be able to tell a difference.

My '13 HSE Lux truck has the Arabica color dash, and since the color was not available in the grained leather, I'm wondering if there is a real difference.

The two part numbers are:
LR044209 - without limited edition

LR044343 - with limited edition

I'm not ware of a limited edition in the LR4 that would make the dash parts different. I'm hoping that the two parts are the same except the inclusion of the leather-wrapped binnacle. Surprisingly, the parts have about a $1,000.00 price differential!

Attached is a photo of mine. Is the dash a different texture on the non-extended leather version?

B7BAFEF4-53A5-4FA2-9D5B-E8CDEDB56E8E.jpeg

Last edited:

jwest

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Does anyone have any good quality photos of the dash material covering on the upper dash on the non-extended leather package? I am trying to compare the difference in the two materials (if any) but LR has two different part numbers for it. I am asking because I'm trying to replace the upper dash since mine was damaged and is now peeling up.

The photos on AutoTrader and the like are just too low-quality to be able to tell a difference.

My '13 HSE Lux truck has the Arabica color dash, and since the color was not available in the grained leather, I'm wondering if there is a real difference.

The two part numbers are:
LR044209 - without limited edition

LR044343 - with limited edition

I'm not ware of a limited edition in the LR4 that would make the dash parts different. I'm hoping that the two parts are the same except the inclusion of the leather-wrapped binnacle. Surprisingly, the parts have about a $1,000.00 price differential!

Attached is a photo of mine. Is the dash a different texture on the non-extended leather version?

I studied and compared this option in detail when I almost bought a 2013. There are a few distinct differences to look for. The non-extended areas are not leather that I could tell but rather some sort of decent but synthetic on that upper dash area.

The other difference though that you can easily see in photos to help verify the option package being present or not is the door arm rest area. On extended pkg, it is also stitched lengthwise like how that upper cowl is a stitched line. One might care or not care but I am one picky person to say the least. This construction happens to also result in a more squared off "ledge" that I found to be more supportive and thus more comfortable for long drives. In contrast my lr3 window edge sucks as it just rolls off in a round shape. My 2004 Disco II however has a narrower, but still more square ledge and it's closer to the body so the reach for an elbow is more naturally right there rather than having to lean over for it.

Granted, much of this is ergonomics and I'm slender, 162 lbs 5-11 but I do have a longer than avg "reach" which is the measurement between finger tips as a ratio to height. My fingers reach over 6 ft while I am between 5'-10.75 and 5-11 . Anyway, 'larger' folks usually felt cramped in the D1 and DII narrower cabins.

The extended leather pkg also changes the seat stitching pattern and sections used. It may, but I never cared so forgot to check, also be on the center box/arm rest but the easy things to see in online photos are the dash, door edge and seats. To me the biggest change you'd feel every day would be the door, unless you have a dash rubbing fettish or something ;)

ttforcefed

Full Access Member
Reaction score
i have a 2013 with lux package black interior - if i can help by snapping a cple photos let me know - i also have my window sticker if that helps

cperez

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Not to confuse the issue but I have a '13 HSE w/o any interior upgrades that I know of. I just went out to double check and my Arabica dash looks identical to your photo in terms of color, stitching, and texture.

mshale

Reaction score
I studied and compared this option in detail when I almost bought a 2013. There are a few distinct differences to look for. The non-extended areas are not leather that I could tell but rather some sort of decent but synthetic on that upper dash area.

unless you have a dash rubbing fettish or something ;)

No fettish, but I do like things to match when possible. Thanks for the info!

i have a 2013 with lux package black interior - if i can help by snapping a cple photos let me know - i also have my window sticker if that helps

Photos always help. I’m sure I’m not the only one who is curious about this. The easiest way to tell like said above is the upper door trim and binnacle. If you can get a snap like what I posted above, that would be lovely.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

mshale

Reaction score
Not to confuse the issue but I have a '13 HSE w/o any interior upgrades that I know of. I just went out to double check and my Arabica dash looks identical to your photo in terms of color, stitching, and texture.

This is what I want to know. Did you order yours new or buy used? The extended leather was a cheap option and most dealers added it so far as I can tell.

Would it be too much trouble to ask for a photo to post here?
I’m really hoping that LR is just charging the $1000 premium for the leather binnacle. Even though you can buy it separately for $80 lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:

cperez

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Update: I ran the VIN through TOPIX and the only reference to the interior was this: "I/P FAC CNTRST-ARABICA/ALMOND"

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
washburn72