LTB 2014-2016 HSE Lux

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Baxterdown

Reaction score
Hi everyone,

I'm looking to buy a 2014-2016 LR4 HSE Lux. I'm very familiar with the brand (owned two L494s, currently own a 2017 L405). Is there anything in particular I should be on the lookout with the LR4? I'm in South Florida and honing into a 2015 that has lived all it's life here. Three owners with the second owner purchasing it as a CPO. The third owner had it for 5 years. It's always been serviced by LR dealers.

Thanks in advance for your suggestions!

Jose

bdd123

Reaction score
Look for all service for the given mileage. Including oil changes, recommended services, etc. If you are familiar with them, then you will know that control arm bushings are wear items. Judging from my recent purchase of a 2016, I would be looking for the plastic coolant lines to be replaced at least once. Same for control arm bushings. Brakes and rotors also multiple times. I would have it looked at by a meticulous mechanic. Make sure that they look for oil leaks on front cover, oil filter area, vacuum pump and others. Check to see if alternator has had oil on it. Check condition of both batteries. Check for fuel tank recall. Check that all options being sold are present. If all of these have not been serviced, you are likely to have to do them sooner or later and will be looking at 5-10k depending on which need to be done and if you are handy with maintenance or not.

I would reallly focus on the service history. If it was always serviced there and is in perfect mechanical condition, I would suspect most of the items in the list to have been done. None of the items above are a rarely occurring problem.

Baxterdown

Reaction score
Thanks @bdd123! The Carfax show extensive maintenance records at two different LR dealers throughout the ownership history. Lots of oil changes, fluid and filters too, brakes replaced a couple of times, tires rotated and replaced twice, etc. Other maintenance of note: plenum/gasket replaced in 2016 at 20k miles, sunroof drain hoses serviced in 2017 at 28k miles, back-up camera replaced in 2018 at 36k miles, radiator fan replaced that same year at 43k miles, PCM reprogrammed in 2019 at 64k miles, and fuel pump replaced last year at 100k miles. Current mileage is 103k.

My mechanic is going to do a pre-purchase inspection (he was the top mechanic at my local LR dealer and went independent a couple of years ago. He's AMAZING!). I'll keep you guys posted.

Thanks!

Jose

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
A562NV