Extended leather vs Standard in HSE Lux

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

mshale

Reaction score
Mine was pre-owned. I ran the VIN through TOPIX once but don't recall any interior upgrades beyond standard HSE package but could have missed something.

That is exactly what I needed. This definitely shows that I was wrong and that there is a difference between the two dash materials.

Unfortunately, mine has the Windsor leather on the dash too, which means there is more than just the binnacle and upper door like the sales brochure says. Here are some better photos to compare.
8147a762fe20b6f1f157fcd05af82a21.jpg

cb6b5fc9fdccd4c035fc787bbe746e5e.jpg

Thanks again cperez!

Once I get this thing figured out and back together, it’s time to finally get back on the trails!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

mshale

Reaction score
So which one do i have?

Looks like you have the same as cperez with the non-Windsor leather. For what it’s worth, I prefer this look.

I bet it’s a lux package thing, and then extended covers the binnacle and armrests. Who knows really. LR does some crazy stuff with interiors. I saw a ‘12 RR Sport with blue interior!

cperez

Full Access Member
Reaction score
This definitely shows that I was wrong and that there is a difference between the two dash materials.

I thought the differences were very subtle until I saw the shot of the door section. Yours is definitely smoother and less pebbled than my material. Hope the rest of the project goes smoothly.

mshale

Reaction score
I thought the differences were very subtle until I saw the shot of the door section. Yours is definitely smoother and less pebbled than my material. Hope the rest of the project goes smoothly.

Same here. Like I said, I prefer the way yours is because it looks tougher. I use mine like a work truck and off-road hauler, so would like that look. And to be honest, I never noticed the difference until I started this project.
I will concede though that with all that smooth type leather in there it does make for a nice presentation, but has turned out to be a pain.

jwest

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Not to confuse the issue but I have a '13 HSE w/o any interior upgrades that I know of. I just went out to double check and my Arabica dash looks identical to your photo in terms of color, stitching, and texture.

Not possible. The long dash section may look similar but the rounded section above the instruments will not have the stitching unless the option pkg is present. Same with door arm rests. Smooth rollover edge = no pkg, stitched edge = pkg. No way around that. Take a photo to show us....

mshale

Reaction score
Not possible. The long dash section may look similar but the rounded section above the instruments will not have the stitching unless the option pkg is present. Same with door arm rests. Smooth rollover edge = no pkg, stitched edge = pkg. No way around that. Take a photo to show us....
He did. Post #7.

He stated that he didn’t notice a difference until I posted a second set showing better details. No big deal.

I can now 100% confirm I have part number LR044343 (smooth Windsor) and cperez has LR044209 (standard arabica material).

jwest

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Mine was pre-owned. I ran the VIN through TOPIX once but don't recall any interior upgrades beyond standard HSE package but could have missed something. Here are some pics.

You all may have figured this out but those brown photos show the standard, not the "extended" package.

jwest

Full Access Member
Reaction score
He did. Post #7.

He stated that he didn’t notice a difference until I posted a second set showing better details. No big deal.

I can now 100% confirm I have part number LR044343 (smooth Windsor) and cperez has LR044209 (standard arabica material).

yeah the page loaded such that i didn't see the follow up ;) sorry

jwest

Full Access Member
Reaction score
this makes me want to swap in lr4 upgraded seats and leather surfaces into my lr3. man that would be slick!

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
washburn72