Fault Overview/fixes

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

S

schafari

I have the HD package as well. I have used the rear locker many times, but only have 2K miles on the truck. I have had zero problems with it. I have not heard of problems with it.

The suspension fault I was getting, was reproducible easily. I got system cooling msg's almost all the time and the compressor would run much much more than it does now. System raising slowly msg was also almost (70%) always present. I could "break" the system by simply using the switch a few times. Other times, in normal to/from work on a single flat street, it would fail daily.

Point is, when I described the problem over the phone to LR Fort Worth, I mentioned the compressor. Prior to even really finishing the sentence, the Service Writer was already looking up stock, and said they will reserve the one they had for me. This is all prior to even seeing the truck. They replaced the compressor. Absolutely zero issue after that. I can't get a fault even when trying. No more msg's at all about system cooling or vehicle raising slowly.

Based on this, I am 99.5% confident that it was the compressor.

H

Houm_WA

Schafari, based on this information, I'd agree with you. Thanks for elaborating, it makes more sense to me now. The faults I was getting were very different in nature. I never had "slow raising" or "system cooling" messages and my faults were very random. My confidence that they've fixed it grows daily, but I'm still a bit wary because of the experiences reported by others.

The issue with the rear locker is one that you won't notice per se...that is until you get a fault. My dashboard literally looked like a pinball machine. I had lights on associated with: ABS, HDC, ARM, the "brake" light was on and I had several error messages indicating a transmission fault and it said that HDC was unavailable.

It was a really bad morning, however LR Seattle was great...I drove in and they got to work on it...no appointment, nothing. I didn't even turn the vehicle off. I wanted to leave it turned on with all the faults illuminated. ...and they gave me a Jag to drive around in while my LR3 was in the shop.

The rear differential had a manufacturing defect in it...basically a machining tolerance issue and it would not fully lock (or something like this) and it would cause a mis-match between what it was doing (communicated to the control module via sensors) and what the control module expected it to be doing. This would trigger a fault.

Since your LR3 is a later build, you are probably fine. LR "cleansed" its supply lines a long time ago.

Latest posts

Staff online

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
heather8635