Finally Replaced the Front Letters...

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Finlayforprez

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I just finished doing the rear letters in matte black.... This now completes my "black pack" look! :)

FDA-14B218731001-5699-000006BA9A45CD33_zps6e692d98.jpg

goinsurfin

Reaction score
Nice ride!
Is that the LR ladder? If not where did you get it? I had a GN ladder a few years back I bent it while backing into the garage with the rear hatch open...

Thanks JK

Finlayforprez

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Nice ride!
Is that the LR ladder? If not where did you get it? I had a GN ladder a few years back I bent it while backing into the garage with the rear hatch open...

Thanks JK
Hello goinsurfin,

No, this is the standard ladder (without the extra step) from Voyager:

http://www.voyagerracks.com/lr3_discovery_iii_lad.html

I like the one with the extra step, but it blocks the rear back-up camera.

I hope that helps.

-David

goinsurfin

Reaction score
Hello goinsurfin,

No, this is the standard ladder (without the extra step) from Voyager:

http://www.voyagerracks.com/lr3_discovery_iii_lad.html

I like the one with the extra step, but it blocks the rear back-up camera.

I hope that helps.

-David

I'm very curious how is it mounted without drilling on the top? At the bottom, is there a flat plate that goes in between the door and the black plastic part above the license plate/with lights? That's how the OEM ladder worked. Thanks again.

Finlayforprez

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'm very curious how is it mounted without drilling on the top? At the bottom, is there a flat plate that goes in between the door and the black plastic part above the license plate/with lights? That's how the OEM ladder worked. Thanks again.
There is no drilling needed for this ladder, as you use rivnuts to attach it to existing holes that are where you describe. It attaches to the flat plate that goes in between the door and the black plastic part above the license plate. The top just has a lip that slides on and then you secure the bottom - very similar to the OEM one (same design).

Finlayforprez

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Are those letters OEM?
The rear lettering is OEM, but the front is from a company in the UK that sells a lot of OEM and aftermarket accessories. The OEM ones are a bit glossy, so they do these in matte. They fit perfectly - very nicely made. Seem like better quality than the OEM ones I ripped off the truck.

Latest posts

Staff online

• joey
    Custom Rover Accessories

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
heather8635