Finally took the plunge and joined the forum!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Tapps33

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hello all! Thought I’d take a quick moment to say hi! Long story even longer, I’m the current owner of a 2010 LR4, and have owned it since we bought it brand new. We had 2 different LR3’s before that, but when the 4 came out with the DI engine, we had to upgrade.

That said, the rover is my wife’s car that I may be inheriting soon as someone has just agreed to purchase my truck. FYI, if you ever make the deal with your wife that you’ll sell your truck as a package deal with your camper thinking someone isn’t going to buy them both...you may be wrong. So, with the imminent departure of my baby, I now get to unleash all my desires for modification on the LR4!

Up until this point, my wife threatened me with severe bodily injury if I touched her car...well, it’s about to not be her car anymore! (Insert evil laugh here).

Not sure exactly what mods I’m going to do as the LR4 is pretty awesome as it is, but I think it could use a little more performance! (What’s the point in having a 5.0L DI engine that “only” puts out 375 hp?)....(insert another evil laugh here)

Also, on a completely separate note, I’ve been scouring the forums for a while now as I’ve come across issues that I’ve needed to address, so I just wanted to say thanks to all the folks out there who have provided great information on these vehicles! I for one have put it to good use!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

BikePilot

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Welcome! There is a lot that can be done to enhance off road capability. I dont know of anything to increase power other than swapping in a supercharged 5.0L.

Tapps33

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yeah, I’ve toyed with the idea of the supercharged swap, but the reality of it just isn’t worth it. I mean I’d literally have to find an entire RRS and pull just about every module off to make it all work coherently....at that point I’d rather just drive the RRS....which has kinda been my dream car for a while. (Unfortunately, I don’t have a “dream” budget).

However, STS does make a remote turbo kit that may work (they have installed them on LR3’s)....I’m just trying to do all the research to make sure I can manage compression ratios, map sensors and fuel mapping along with all the physical aspects of mounting the turbo up. Unfortunately the old days of just “bolting it up and going” are gone. Supposedly there are a couple companies that can re-map an LR4’s ECU....supposedly.

Magnaflow makes a nice cat back system for the LR4 too, which probably only adds about 1 hp (if that in reality), but it sounds really cool. [emoji6]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
washburn72