Fingerprints on Door - Help!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Finlayforprez

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hello everyone,

I am wondering if anyone has an easy way to clean the fingerprints from the shiny black plastic area near the window. This is the area where many people close the door and I can't seem to get the fingerprints off the black plastic. I washed it and scrubbed the plastic, but the fingerprints remain. Any particular black plastic cleaning products?

I welcome any advice, as this is really making me OCD!!!

Thanks, David :ahhhhh:

blackforestham

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Light rubbing compound or paint polish. Use a decent microfiber cloth. follow up with wax to prevent future marks.

EIGHTLUG

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I use Turtle Wax Bug & Tar Remover. It works great at neutralizing those finger print marks by pulling any car wash soap residue off of those semi-gloss black pieces, which is the exact purpose I bought it for. Also, here in Central Florida we have a HUGE LoveBug problem in the spring. They can practically cover your windscreen, bumper, and grille. works great for that too, especially the black pieces that flank the windscreen on the A- Pillars. Just apply it with a micro-fiber towel and wipe clean, you're good to go!

suvowner

Full Access Member
Reaction score
the ice product line by turtle wax is designed to be used on plastic....either the liquid or paste makes the black trim pieces look awesome.....might wanna use the paste to buff out finger prints and then leave a nice shine the black plastic trim.....

Finlayforprez

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thanks to everyone who provided feedback to me, this is awesome! I am going to try this the next time I wash my vehicle in a week or so.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Vintage99