First service visit feedback... (getting intermittent problems fixed?)

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

T

toddjb123

...well, at 8300 miles I took my LR3 in for the 7500 mile service and with it a list of minor problems that are annoying, but were not worth bringing in on their own.

The service went well. They fixed the obvious things I noted like a noise in the steering column and a tailgate cable. However, in fixing the intermittent problems LR was the same as any other shop. If they couldn't recreate it, instead of researching they just assumed customer error.

One item was my complaint that my mirrors rarely return to the proper setting after backing up. The response I received is that the service technician programmed the memory position for me! (which i'd already done). (I've also read the notes on this forum about making sure the mirrors are back up before you turn off the car, etc...)

Another item was that my radio gets stuck in Low Power Mode. Its rather annoying as I discussed in another post. The fix this time was that even though I explained that as an intermittent problem, the fix was to leave the manual open to make sure I knew how to control volume. (no ****!)

And then there is the seat issues which I explained in another email. On the seat issue (springs falling off) I let them know that I know how to put the springs back on, what I would like is for them to stop falling off! Thought I made that clear, but all they did was put the spring back on and say problem solved. I had to go out in the parking lot and break it for them to show them why this didn't fix my problem.

Don't know if I should expect better or not. It is my for LR product so I was expecting more attention to detail. I also clearly wrote up clear & brief description of each problem. Left it with the service rep and left a copy in the car. Turns out the service tech only read what was typed in the computer which did not include my debug info...so, you can't win.

Any suggestions for how better to get intermittent problems resolved? Again, I'm not trying to be **** about things - heck, I waited for a scheduled service call. I'd just like for them to give things a fair try or call me if they have questions.

Its a good shop, I think they meant well. We'll see what happens on future visits.

F

flowner

I found that I got better service once I started sending the dealer my request in emails. It helps to know you have a written record of the request.

At this point I would send an email to the center manager and copy the service manager, exactly as you have stated. Also request that your vehicle be picked and a loaner Land Rover dropped off so you are not inconvenienced since they obviously did not solve your problems.

As my wife said in our dealing with our dealership it was a shame that we had to demand these things that should have been offered all along.

Last edited by a moderator:

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Disco2TrailEdit4