First Suspension Failure

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

la10bk

Reaction score
Ck the software!

I have a 2006 LR3 with 38,000 miles. I just replaced the compressor as the exact same thing happened to me in regards to the Rover dropping down to access height. I can attest that it does make for a very jarring ride. In addition to the the compressor, I also had the software for the air suspension updated. I was told the this was a common enough problem with the older LR3's because the old software had the compressor going on and off far too often. The software update is easier on the system.

ALL-STAR1

Reaction score
Hey JP I'm havin a similar thing happen to my 05' SE...the light came on and said suspension fault normal height selected...and the light is amber but no difference in drive no noises or anything else that's all the info center says...I'm not under any warranty what do u think I should do at this point it's jus that light coming on...

MilehighLR3

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hey JP I'm havin a similar thing happen to my 05' SE...the light came on and said suspension fault normal height selected...and the light is amber but no difference in drive no noises or anything else that's all the info center says...I'm not under any warranty what do u think I should do at this point it's jus that light coming on...

My '05 SE had the same problem. Ultimately it dropped to the bump stops. The dealer installed a new compressor and haven't had it show up since, it's been about 6 months. If I recall the cost was something south of $500 but I have an extended warranty so my cost was zero.

Abiola Ojo

Reaction score
Hi all. I just bought a used '06 HSE LR3 last week (about 50,000 miles). In less than a week, it developed a suspension fault. It dropped to the ground and showed suspension fault message. Could this be the compressor fault?

EGRIZZLE

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Sounds about right, probably will need a new compressor. It seems many of them go out around 50k, mine went out at 47k, replaced under warranty, out of warranty you may be looking at $800-$1000 through the dealer

socalrovershop

Full Access Member
Reaction score
make sure you guys arent jumping gun to buying a new compressor just cause, 80% of compressor failure is due to a leak in the system . so the compressor wears / over heats itself over time. there is a time period where if the system doesnt see sufficiant pressure it will throw that fault at you and shut the system down. most commen leak is at the drier a small hair line crack from the inlet/outlet to compressor to the the red fitting above is what cracks 90% of the time. so make sure you look for that before putting an expensive part in.

Abiola Ojo

Reaction score
LR3 Height Problem

I'm having problem with the standard height of my 2006 LR3. The height suddenly dropped about 2 months while i was driving at standard height and has since remained that way. Now at "standard height", my LR3 is lower than normal "access height". The drop in height has reduced the vehicle balance and damping especially on rough roads. I'm able to change to "access height" and "off road" but even the "off road height" is lower than the normal "standard height". Interestingly, no error message has shown on my control panel. I have ran several diagnosis and it has not shown any fault. I've even taken it to the dealer for height recalibration but this has not solved the problem.

I'll be glad if anybody can advise on what I can do to resolve this problem.

jjvd21

Full Access Member
Reaction score
What did the dealer say the problem was?

Abiola Ojo

Reaction score
I don't know of any dealer here in Lagos, Nigeria. I use a mechanic who seem very knowledgeable about land rovers. He says there's no fault since the diagnosis has not shown any so I should keep driving it until whatever is causing tje problem gives way completely. He says by then the diagnostic m/c will be able to pick up d fault.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dandavies9