Flexible Loadspace protector (Part No: VPLAS0002) to contain dog hair?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

RON8O

Reaction score
Has anyone put in the Flexible Loadspace Protector (Part No: VPLAS0002) in their LR4? Any thoughts on how well it will contain dog hair?

CaptainSpalding

Explorer
Reaction score
I have no experience with the loadspace protector but lots of experience with dog hair. It will not be contained. There's dog hair in my truck in places that have never seen daylight. My opinion is that your attempts to contain it will be futile.

RON8O

Reaction score
I have no experience with the loadspace protector but lots of experience with dog hair. It will not be contained. There's dog hair in my truck in places that have never seen daylight. My opinion is that your attempts to contain it will be futile.

Captain, I know that feeling quite well. Our F150 and Forrester have the problem you describe above. I can't help but hope though that the Loadspace protector would help contain the hair a little. I guess there's only one way to find out.

CaptainSpalding

Explorer
Reaction score
Well, at least it's easier to remove the hair from the loadspace protector than the carpet.

If the canines in your avatar photo are the offenders, you're lucky. I have a dog with a thick undercoat. The hair is so fine that it floats in the air easily. If all the windows are down I'm treated to a dog fur tornado. In my case maybe some fly paper would help.

RON8O

Reaction score
Well, at least it's easier to remove the hair from the loadspace protector than the carpet.

If the canines in your avatar photo are the offenders, you're lucky. I have a dog with a thick undercoat. The hair is so fine that it floats in the air easily. If all the windows are down I'm treated to a dog fur tornado. In my case maybe some fly paper would help.

Yep, those are my girls. They go just about everywhere with me (weather permitting). The darker of the two does have a thick undercoat, but I've been working with the Furminator a few times each week to reduce the shedding. I think I'm going to give the Loadspace Protector a shot.

bromhead

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have the rigid loadspace protector (not the flexible one you referenced) and a very long haired 95lb golden retriever. This protector covers the floor. It doesnt cover the back of the 2nd row seats, or the rear carpet on the tailgate (which yours would). You will see dog hair...especially if your dog has blonde hair and you have a black interior! (my older disco, with the tan interior, hid it well until you got close). But, the environment in your car is not static. Any loose hair will blow all through your car and end up everywhere. Obviously that would apply to your accessory as well.

I haven't taken a long trip with my dog in the new car yet, but if I did, and the windows were down, I can imagine the previous posters comments about a fur tornado!!!

Last edited:

RON8O

Reaction score
Thanks for the note bromhead. This flexible item covers the back of the second row seats, sides of cargo area and tailgate. I just placed my order and it should be here in a few days. Looking forward to giving it a try.

accoly_us_l319_vplas0002.jpg

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tango90