Ford ESP Warranty now available for all LR3s still under warranty

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

oyeahhhhhh

Reaction score
05' LR3 Warranty?

hi all,
i have been reading the links on warranty info and am completely confused on whether to get one or not. i have heard good stories and bad stories, and a friend says i should just trade in, down size and get a new vehicle with a full new warranty and better gas milage. i would prefer to keep my LR3, so i was curious if anyone has had experience or bought an "extended warranty" from a company called: Great American Insurance Group, PREMIER ESSENTIAL VSC (vehicle service contract) ? this is being offered by my LR dealer whom i bought my new 2005 LR3 HSE from. (Hornburg Land Rover in LA,CA) they are telling me Land Rover warranties are too expensive now that Land Rover has been sold and are offering this instead. (has anyone else been told this?? or believe this?)
I have 2 months left before my 4 years are up and only have 19k miles on it.
they are offering EXCLUSIONARY coverage for:
36 month / 60,000 mile $100 Deductible $2,836
48 month / 60,000 mile $100 Deductible $2,925
60 month / 60,000 mile $100 Deductible $3,137
saying they will pay for the warranty inspection and saying that these prices are $500 dollars off list price. (so they say)
any thoughts or help would be appreciated.
it does say items that need replacement on a regular basis such as battery and cables, lights and bulbs, tires, brake pads, drums and shoes, exhaust system components, SHOCK ABSORBERS AND STRUT CARTRIDGES are NOT covered.
so not sure if this includes the LR3 air shocks/suspension...??
THANKS! steve

acsubie

Reaction score
just got off the phone with ESP..got an extra 3 years and up to 60k for $1700 and change(LR warranty expired today)..not too bad at all, i opted for the 60k over the 75k because my LR3 has relatively low mileage(28k) and i have only put about 3k own it since purchasing 6 months ago

oyeahhhhhh

Reaction score
that sounds like a great deal. can you post the number or website that you used? when i went to a link i found online for ford esp, the rates were much higher. just curious who you got yours through, so i can try them and support them. thanks!

Gobey

Reaction score
Just spoke with Jack - after reading ALL these posts, it was like talking to George Clooney or some other celebrity.

I'm on hold right now being handed off to an assistant now that he's onto bigger and better...

I have an 06 LR3 HSE with 28,000 - I'll report current pricing as soon as I can...

NICE PEOPLE SO FAR!!!

Gobey

Reaction score
Rob at 866 379 7095 took care of me - turns out he live 15 minutes away...

He quoted a 7 year 100K warranty at $3,300. He gave me a $185 promotional discount for a final price of $3,115.

After reading this thread I went with this product. The Optimum Plan from Preferred Warranties, Inc. offered by the dealer that I bought the car from was $3,800 and they wouldn't cover the suspension unique to LR3s.

Once again, this forum saved me money...I've only been a member for a few days.

This savings paid for my tow receiver, cross bars and trailer wiring harness...I feel much less guilty about my eBay activity lately.

Just have to get the sun roof drains fixed now.

THANK YOU.

Last edited:

flysurfer

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I purchased Ford ESP Warranty as well and now my LR3 just passed 50,000 mile mark.

Has anybody actually claimed to Ford ESP Warranty? How did it work? As advertised - covers pretty much everything? No hassle?

I have peace in mind and hope nothing happens but would be nicer to hear that extended warranty actually works. Thanks.

- Brian

Gobey

Reaction score
Since I've been a proud owner of the LR3 for a week and an owner of the extended warranty for 25 minutes, I can't add much, but I had the following question:

"Who do I take this car to have fixed under this warranty..."

Rob said - any Land Rover dealership...I stopped him right there since there is one 10 mintues from my house. Didn't ask any further questions....probably a mistake...

I then asked, "what's the process for a claim?"

He said that Land Rover would have to call the Ford Competitive Make Number 1-800-233-5819 for pre-approval prior to performing any work on the vehicle.

From my past experience with a BMW dealership taking apart my X5 to "diagnose" a ticking sound which resulted from 10 bent valves and not covered by warranty to the tune of $7,500...I'll make sure I ask my local Land Rover dealership to not perform any work without preapproval and get it in writing...

That BMW problem was resolved with the CT State Law about "Express Waiver Of Estimate" and the car was fixed for free...but they beat me up good for about 2 months before it was returned...DMV had to get involved. I never gave them a waiver of estimate...the law actually protected me - and it worked!

So...I'm somewhat prepared to "get it pre-approved and in writing" before letting anyone tear apart my cars...

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TeriM